Billy Harner - What About The Music .....instrumental

Guest Aaron Darcy

Guest Aaron Darcy

After reading the tread few weeks ago  about Billy Harner --What About The Music Instrumental , i thought to my self i have the vocal some where in the house which has been in storage for 40 odd years.

I decided to get it out.. it appeared to be in mint - condition.

To cut a long story short when i played  it turns out to be the instrumental version.

Both vinyl and label is mint- condition.....How much is this worth.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron Darcy
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

After reading the tread few weeks ago  about Billy Harner --What About The Music Instrumental , i thought to my self i the vocal some where in the house which has been in storage for 40 odd years.

I decided to get it out.. it appeared to be in mint - condition.

To cut a long story short when i play it turns out to be the instrumental version.

Both vinyl and label is mint- condition.....How much is this worth.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron

This is the sort of surprise that most of us dream of. Well done!

Ian D  :D 

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

I know this may seem like a stupid question, and apologies to Aaron is that is the case, but can I ask if the label is UK Kama Sutra, with the Inst of "Please Spare Me This Time" on the flip, or is it on US Open. ?

Cheers

Mick

Hi Mick

its UK Kama Sutra ,flip is instrumental Please Spare me this time , side a....2013029...side b...2013029

Social source share

Hi Mick

its UK Kama Sutra ,flip is instrumental Please Spare me this time , side a....2013029...side b...2013029

Great stuff, thought that would be the case (If it had been a US Open boot that would be a bit of a let down to say the least)

About 6 years ago I sold my UK copy for £1000 - probably be more now.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Great stuff, thought that would be the case (If it had been a US Open boot that would be a bit of a let down to say the least)

About 6 years ago I sold my UK copy for £1000 - probably be more now.

Cheers

Mick

Cheers Mick

problem is don't know if i should sell or keep , how rare is it ?

Social source share

Cheers Mick

problem is don't know if i should sell or keep , how rare is it ?

Depends if you like half a song !  As it only times in at one and a half minutes each side, it always makes you want a minute more. (Check your PMs)

As to rarity, as Pete mentioned above, clearly one of the rarest - Someone once tried to quantify it, think we got to about six "known" copies, but that clearly didn't allow for yours. If you've been trawling through the old threads from a few years ago, you may be able to work out where they are now, or at least most of them.

I'd say that as years go on a few more "fresh" copies may turn up, but doubt there will ever more than a dozen, even though Blue Max reckoned he personally had six copies in his shop, mixed in with the normal vocal take, and those went out to local Wolverhampton buyers in '71

Anyway, a very good find and best of luck with it.

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

• 4 months later...
Guest Aaron Darcy

Great story, well done. I have lost count of the number of times I've bought and played copies only to be disappointed. Definitely a keeper.

I still have it , i did think about giving it JM to auction and  i asked how much he would expect get for it ,  JM  said  he would be very disappointed  if it didn't reach £2000 pounds or more.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!