Big List - 38 For Sale

Jason S

Big list with some big tunes. If you're into the funky end of 70s modern check the Chosen Few Band, 9th Creation and Pure Funk. The Spitting Image is a big former Keb spin (among others) while Billy John is a break heavy funk rarity. Le Cop bangs out a hard underground disco anthem, Cookin' bag is a loud, well produced slab of West Coast funky soul as is the Robbie Hills Affair (great two-sider). At the cheaper the Ola V Harper is a great moody bit of soul that sits somewhere between the soul/R&B camp, Levert Allison, Larry Dale and Tony Northern are all funk bangers while Getto Kitty and Gwen McCrae are 'rare groove' classics. Check out the clips recorded from the copies for sale

Free UK post with these

Chosen Few Band  -  What It Takes To Live/ To Love (Buffalo's Reflection)  (M-)  £650 Hear
Cookin Bag  -  This Is Me/ The Song I Sing (Solid Gold)  (EX+)  £500  Hear
Spitting Image  -  JB's Latin/ Spitting Image (Masai)  (M-)  £350 Hear
Pure Funk  -  Nothing Left Is Real/ Searching (Planet Earth)  (M-)  £300  Hear
Billy John & The Continentals  -  Slap It To Me/ Shooting Squirrels (JIN)  (EX)  £250  Hear
Le Cop - Law, Order & Peace/Law, Order & Peace (K. Shavonne)  (M-)  £250  Hear
Sandy Gaye  -  He's Good For Me/ Talk Is Cheap (Moonshot)  (VG+)  £200 Hear
Fabulous Moonlighters  -  For Granted/ I've Lost Again (Blue Eagle)  (M-)  £200  Hear
Starphire  -  Zap Bang Shang-a-lang/ Zap Bang Shang-a-lang (Version) (DDS (Trinidad))  (EX)  £150  Hear
Robbie Hill's Family Affair  -  I Just Want To Be (Like Myself)/ All In The Family (Soul West)  (M-)  £150  Hear
Iris Bell  -  One Strong Man/ Honky Games (High Class)  (EX)  £150  Hear
Barbara Trent  -  Heart Break Hotel/ The Man I Love (Red Label)  (M-)  £150  Hear
Bobby Williams & His Mar-Kings -  Let's Work A While/ You're A Foolish Fool (Normar)  (M-)  £150  Hear
Jackie Shane  -  Stand Up Straight And Tall/ You Are My Sunshine (Modern)  (VG+)  £125  Hear
The Organics  -  Foot Stumping/ Good Thing Going (Compose)  (M-)  £125 Hear
Hector Rivera and the Latin Renaissance  -  Hecto-mania/Be On The Lookout (4 Points)  (VG+)  £100 Hear
Dawn & Sunset  -  Move In The Room/ Include Me (DT & V)  (M-)  £100  Hear
Johnny Ventura Y Su Combo  -  Homenaje A Prudi/ Mama Tingo (Discolor)  (EX)  £75 Hear
The Trend  -  Home Cookin/ Poppa Was A Music Man (Capitol)  (M-)  £75 Hear
Joe Buerger  -  Joe's Funky/ Cherokee (Mary-Joe)  (M-)  £75 Hear
Marva Whitney  -  UnWind Yourself/ If You Love me (King)  (M-)  £75 Hear
Gwen McCrae  -  All This Love That I'm Giving/ Maybe I'll Find Somebody New (Cat)  (M-)  £75 Hear
9th Creation  -  Much Too Much/ Got My Baby Back (Hilltak)  (M-)  £75 Hear
Jay Man & His Sensations  -  Swingin' Round The Town/The Sloppy Joe (International Allied)  (M-)  £60 Hear
Moonlighters  -  Funky Moon Meditation/ The Masquerade Is Over (Blue Eagle)  (M-)  £60 Hear
Bobby Williams & His Mar-Kings -  Let's Jam/ You're My Baby (Normar)  (EX+)  £60 Hear
Tony Northern  -  Hand Down The Law/ Covered With Money (Ariel)  (M-)  £50 Hear
Getto Kitty  -  Stand Up And Be Counted/ Hope For The Future (Stroud)  (EX)  £50 Hear
Larry Dale  -  Buffalo Bill/ Poison Ivy (RAM)  (M-)  £40 Hear
Levert Allison  -  Sugar Daddy/ You Made A World (Elbejay)  (M-)  £40 Hear
Josephine Taylor  -  Smooth Groove/ Depend On Me (Palos)  (EX)  £35 Hear
Jimmy Jones  -  Live And Let Live/ I Don't Mind Confessing (Deke)  (M-)  £35 Hear
Blew Smoke  -  Ain't Gonna Kill The Spirit/ Walking With The Sun (GRT)  (M-)  £30 Hear
Ola V Harper  -  I Wanna Weep/ Resisting (Jewel)  (EX++)  £30 Hear
Ernie Watts Encounter  -  Ain't That Asking For Trouble/ Never Had A Dream Come True (Vault)  (M-)  £15 Hear
Buddy Miles  -  Funky Mule/ Don't Mess With Cupid (Mercury)  (VG+)  £15 Hear
Dexter Wansel  -  Life On Mars/ Life On Mars Part 2 (Philadelphia International)  (M-)  £15 Hear
Edited by Jason S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!