News: Stone Foundation - A Life Unlimited

Guest Soulshake

My missus went to school with founding member Neil Sheasby (bass) and Phil Ford (drums - if it's the same Phil Ford but she suspects it must be). The connection is basically the town of Atherstone where they both come from (and the Mrs obviously), and although it makes no mention of it in their blurb, I'm pretty sure The 'Stone' Foundation comes from a shortening of Atherstone!

It all traces back to some of the band being in a group The Dance Stance way back around the town.

Interestingly, Neil also does record fares.

I know SS likes a bit of trivia/history behind it's music, so thought it worth mentioning!

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Soulshake

That's right Mark, the band was put together by Neil Sheasby (Atherstone) and Neil Jones (Tamworth). They've worked with Nolan Porter, Joe "Pep" Harris, Carleen Anderson, The Four Perfections and well the list goes on....

Hope you guys can support some new soul music featuring some iconic artists and check out the pre sale links above.

Social source share

• 2 months later...

This new lp arrived through the door yesterday and a real bonus end to the week as I forgot I pre-ordered it a few months ago on the back of above news article. Brilliant album I think and thanks again for letting us know about it. Also now on iTunes. Cheers, Steve:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!