Hamilton Movement "she's Gone" - Dick Melvin's Personal Stash

Guest Egon

Guest Egon

Hello everyone,

Everyone here must know this 7" single - I've been researching Indiana funk and soul since the 90s and have been trying to go through Hamilton Movement producer Dick Melvin's personal stash for well over a decade. On a recent trip to Indiana some - no kidding - divine intervention lead me to his door, down a dirt road, well outside of Indiana where he greeted my partner Madlib (whose dad, Otis Jackson, I'm sure some of you have records by) with a rare find - three stock copies of "She's Gone," still in their sleeves, atop scratched copies of all of the other Hamilton Movement 7"s.

Dick is savvy, well to do, and doesn't need to sell these - but he's decided to. I'm brokering the sale of two, and plan to keep the third. 

I'm looking for real offers - bear in mind that Dick had up Popsike on his iPhone the minute he saw me grab one of the records. He knows what they have sold for, especially the last two copies.  But this is a rare chance to get an extremely clean copy of this legendary 7" with serious provenance. 

I have offered these privately, and might already have a buyer for the two but if you're serious, email me at egon@nowagainrecords.com

Thanks,

Eothen 

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!