A Few Manship Prices

In response to a few Guide book posts, i have a request of the current edition (haven't got the latest book, but may buy it purely as a reference, still might hold out and get Tim Browns forthcoming release though!)

right just for personal reasons

Jerry Tiffe - Whatcha' Doin' Now ( Scepter)

Black Stash - Mighty Love Man (Contempo)...might not be listed?

The Symphonics - No More (Brunswick)

thanks for any help

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Rather than start a new topic I would be grateful if you experts would assist a new collector whilst we are on the subject of this new guide.

I have a copy ELLUSIONS - You didn't have to leave - Lamon. Has it been booted? it does not appear that it has according to the guide.

Also The SUPERLATIVES - I still love you - Uptite 250 (with the two lines) has this been booted? The guide again apparently not.

Cheers DWMick :thumbsup:

Social source share

Ellusins was booted but it looks nothing like the original and is on styrene. I still don't think this record is worth more than £125 yet Manship lists it for £600!!!!!

And if anyone says well how many times have you seen it, I'd say I've had between 8 and 10 copies in the last 10 years.

There's 3 or 4 boots of the Superlatives, the one with the lines has been booted, at least I believe it has!

Social source share

Rather than start a new topic I would be grateful if you experts would assist a new collector whilst we are on the subject of this new guide.

I have a copy ELLUSIONS - You didn't have to leave - Lamon. Has it been booted? it does not appear that it has according to the guide.

Also The SUPERLATIVES - I still love you - Uptite 250 (with the two lines) has this been booted? The guide again apparently not.

Cheers DWMick  :thumbsup:

link

The Illusions boot is on styrene

The Superlatives was released 3 times in different formats (pale blue label x2 and a yellow label), but it was also booted twice!!

Social source share

BOXES OF ILLUSIONS TURNED UP IN 80,S BROUGHT THE PRICE RIGHT DOWN.LIKE SO MANY OTHER SO CALLED RARE RECORDS IF THEY CAME BACK INTO CIRCULATION WOULD BE WORTH A FRACTION OF THE SILLY MONEY NOW BEING PAID.BEST TO WAIT ANOTHER 10 YEARS WHEN PEOPLE START SELLING UP AND GRAB THEM ALL CHEAP.THE MARKET WILL BE FLOODED.SO MANY RECORDS ARE MORE INDEMAND THAN THEY ARE RARE. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest micksmith

Ellusins was booted but it looks nothing like the original and is on styrene.  I still don't think this record is worth more than £125 yet Manship lists it for £600!!!!!

And if anyone says well how many times have you seen it, I'd say I've had between 8 and 10 copies in the last 10 years.

There's 3 or 4 boots of the Superlatives, the one with the lines has been booted, at least I believe it has!

link

THE ELLUSIONS WAS FIRST DISCOVERED BY 2 BEDFORD GUYS.

THE SUPERLATIVES(THE RARE YELLOW LABEL) WAS DISCOVERED BY 2 YOUNGS GUNS FROM STEVENAGE.

WHAT A MIND OF INFO I AM.

Social source share

Ellusins was booted but it looks nothing like the original and is on styrene.  I still don't think this record is worth more than £125 yet Manship lists it for £600!!!!!

link

And I remember buying one off you Pete! Traded it in a drunken state with Joey Dunlop (both of us in a drunken state i think :D ) at last Cleethorpes Weekender, can't remember what for, or why for that matter!! Think it might have been for Corey Blake on Capitol...That's it!! I'm never selling records when pissed up ever again!! :D BTW I agree with you, I must have had 5 Ellusions and then let them go when i got fed up with it. I still keep buying the bastard back tho when I see it cheap :D It's not bad for a white garage band really... Still, I must be the only person who can clear the floor with it, regularly :D !

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!