reforee

Discogs

Hope this is the right place?

anybody tried buying items on Discogs and met with a message that they don't meet the sellers requirements?

WTFs that about?

dont they want my money?

Dave

I buy just about all my LPs off there, I've had experience where a seller required all buyers to have a certain amount of feedback otherwise they wouldn't deal with them, only see it the once though.

Roger

I buy just about all my LPs off there, I've had experience where a seller required all buyers to have a certain amount of feedback otherwise they wouldn't deal with them, only see it the once though.

Roger

Yep, I agree with Roger. Think it's to do with amount and quality of feedback etc. Also some sellers won't deal with people in certain countries  -I know of a few sellers who won't sell into Italy for example.

Peter

I have just logged into discos and got this message....

Sellers: We have updated the Shipping Policies system so that only buyers for countries you have listed in your Shipping Policies can place orders with you. If you want to block certain countries, just uncheck those countries in your shipping policies. Read more about this change in our forum post, and let us know how the update is working for you by taking our feedback survey!

Edited by chalky

Hope this is the right place?

anybody tried buying items on Discogs and met with a message that they don't meet the sellers requirements?

WTFs that about?

dont they want my money?

Dave

so many people bail out of records on there as their 'buy it now' format requires and invoice to be sent and is not immediate. It gets boring dealing with buyers on there so i used to relist everything the moment someone bought it as a back up. one way you can protect yourself is not set parameters relating to a buyers past failed deal history.

its no fun when some kid mops up 15 tunes whilst pissed on a saturday then you never hear from them again. discogs does have a basket facility for this but some simply hit the buy button.

Its got a much higher fail rate than many other places imho, save for maybe facebook. 

Contacting the seller is the thing to do, have heard of this a few times, and can usually be resolved by showing the seller you are a serious buyer.

This will probably explain my original question!

It would appear that when I have placed orders with Discogs, I have not been getting an email from them to my email address informing me that the items are ready, plus postage and please pay?

this has resulted in negative feedback from 5 sellers, one guy actually sent me the records before payment a month ago, based on my 100% feedback and comments left by sellers. I didn't pay because I didnt get a payment invoice via my email address ( and I have looked).

been in contact with the 5 sellers in question explaining the situation and the guy who was out of pocket, who I have now paid and hopefully will/can reverse neg feedback.

this has been a nightmare morning trying to sort it out and if any of the sellers are on here I can only apologise whether it's my fault or not.

hopefully It can get resolved and they still have the records.....and they want to sell to me?

Question

has Discogs stopped sending emails for payment to private emails?

Dave

so many people bail out of records on there as their 'buy it now' format requires and invoice to be sent and is not immediate. It gets boring dealing with buyers on there so i used to relist everything the moment someone bought it as a back up. one way you can protect yourself is not set parameters relating to a buyers past failed deal history.

its no fun when some kid mops up 15 tunes whilst pissed on a saturday then you never hear from them again. discogs does have a basket facility for this but some simply hit the buy button.

Its got a much higher fail rate than many other places imho, save for maybe facebook. 

I think i'm the opposite, I like dealing with the buyers...after working in a record shop for years, I miss the personal touch and dislike the instant buy it now way of Ebay and other sites. Sending a personalised invoice and opening up conversation, i've got quite alot of regular buyers - which never happened when I was selling via Ebay. Patience is the key to minimise the non-payers. I have no limits set on my account, and I think my non payers are about 1 in 15, usually new buyers with no feedback, but a good percentage of new buyers complete their orders just fine....

It would appear that when I have placed orders with Discogs, I have not been getting an email from them to my email address informing me that the items are ready, plus postage and please pay?

this has resulted in negative feedback from 5 sellers, one guy actually sent me the records before payment a month ago, based on my 100% feedback and comments left by sellers. I didn't pay because I didnt get a payment invoice via my email address ( and I have looked).

been in contact with the 5 sellers in question explaining the situation and the guy who was out of pocket, who I have now paid and hopefully will/can reverse neg feedback.

this has been a nightmare morning trying to sort it out and if any of the sellers are on here I can only apologise whether it's my fault or not.

hopefully It can get resolved and they still have the records.....and they want to sell to me?

Question

Dave

Had this as well in the past with customers, which is why I always send reminders and be patient. Possibly the email is going straight to your junk folder.....check your settings, you can select which messages you receive to your email inbox - although I think invoices & other essentials are set to that by default. Besides all that, the info will always be on the order online, just double check your messages on the site. Easier for me as i'm on the site everyday...hope you get it all sorted OK.....Girth  

Gareth

checked everything mate, including my junk mail, not had an email from Discogs since March 2015 hence the problems!

am awaiting Discogs reply? Hopefully can get it sorted, it's just the negative feedback that's got me miffed, not the sellers fault, I can understand the frustration, but when it's out of your hands it's a bummer.

Dave

Question

Dave

Dave, you have almost certainly been getting the messages but they are going straight into your spam folder and you are missing them - this happens to me all the time, even though they are supposed to be allowed through

Pete

checked me spam folders nothing there and email address has been the same since day one, can't fathom it waiting on Discogs response at mo hopefully the other 4 dealers will get back to me and we can sort out any problems caused?

thanks for all the input

dave

Got a result from 2 of the 5 sellers who have removed their negative feedback, after hopefully seeing all my feedback?

Working with another one as I type so just 2 to sort,after that.

Phew it's been a long day.

thanks to all again

Dave

Ive had 2 problems on Discogs both the same problem. Ive ordered only for amessage to say " Your cart has changed" and the item is no longer there only then to get non paying emails. Ive sent a message got  no reply- which to me shows its just bloody useless sometimes!

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.