Pete S

Blatter Resigns

Sepp Blatter says he will resign as president of football's governing body Fifa amid a corruption scandal.

In announcing his exit, the 79-year-old has called an extraordinary Fifa congress "as soon as possible" to elect a new president.

Blatter was re-elected last week, despite seven top Fifa officials being arrested two days before the vote as part of a US prosecution.

But he said: "My mandate does not appear to be supported by everybody."

So, the elections a few days ago were a complete, and utter, waste of money. Oh, hang on, FIFA have money to burn. I hope that aspect of FIFA also changes soon.

:thumbup: 

I hope he gets investigated, found out and prosecuted. Or maybe his resignation has been tendered in exchange for some kind of immunity/protection.

My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

Dave

FIFA looks like it's having a big clear-out, Blatter, Platini & Jerome Valcke. Apparently the sponsors have had enough. Good riddance, couldn't have happened to nicer people.

Who'd be your choice for a new FIFa & UEFA head ?

Guest Johnny One Trout

Good Riddance!! Even with Blatter allegedly going FIFA is still rotten to the core is there any hope for the future of the beautiful game?

This is great fun.  Latest is that the guy who's holding the fort temporarily has himself been subject to a fraud investigation! And apparently those who wish to stand for the Presidency have to go through an ethics committee. Seriously, they have got to be joking.

The whole rotten organisation needs to be wound up and those who have had their hands in the till should be rounded up and prosecuted.

I'd volunteer for that, and maybe tattoo something on his forehead as a reminder to all those that have been duped by him for so long

By all means Dave that's if you can find enough room either side the penis protruding from the middle of his forehead, I would sack 'em all and replace them with a man who could continue to uphold the proud traditions of FIFA, yes you've guessed it the one and only Harry RedKnapp ! :wicked:

Dave

By all means Dave that's if you can find enough room either side the penis protruding from the middle of his forehead, I would sack 'em all and replace them with a man who could continue to uphold the proud traditions of FIFA, yes you've guessed it the one and only Harry RedKnapp ! :wicked:

Dave

It wouldn't be the first penis I've tattooed, and yes, I do wear extra thick gloves for it.  Fifa would have a hard job understanding Harry though

Blatter is a turd that wont flush away no matter how long you hold the chain down. They tried every toilet cleaner known to man and still the smell remains. It now appears the Plattini is another turd stuck in the same bowl , this amount of blockage will never get down the Ubend. Perhaps the next FIFA president needs to be the chairman of 'dial a rod'

It wouldn't be the first penis I've tattooed, and yes, I do wear extra thick gloves for it.  Fifa would have a hard job understanding Harry though

Fifa needs to be wound up and a new representative of world football created.  How people with barely a league structure in their own countries can weild so much power is beyond me. I'm all for some sort of equality but you can see by some of the decisions made that football was not the basis of the decision, money was.  I don't think anyone involved with Fifa, especially thise closely associated with Blatter can be trusted.  The new head needs to come from outside the game.  The world cup should go round the continents with those who represent that body deciding who hosts the tournament (when it is Eufa's turn, Eufa decide where it is held etc).

i doubt Blatter will have much to do with any decisions made now, by the time he returns it will be a case of getting ready for the conference to decide the new leader but that needs to be postponed until all legal affairs settled.

Was watching a BBC documentary about the FIFA corruption, don't know how old it was but I suspect about 3 - 4 months. Surprised to hear Sliced Tomatoes and Willy Mitchell - The Champion and if I'm not mistaken the return of the Django !!

Platini will now be further in the $hit as he attended a football awards ceremony in Dubai and actually gave interviews about his ban. Which part of the phrase

"Banned from  all football activity" does he have a problem with?

When a US prosecutor says that to compare FIFA with the mafia is an insult to the mafia.....................

These criminals think they are above any and all laws/rules!

4 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

Platini will now be further in the $hit as he attended a football awards ceremony in Dubai and actually gave interviews about his ban. Which part of the phrase

"Banned from  all football activity" does he have a problem with?

When a US prosecutor says that to compare FIFA with the mafia is an insult to the mafia.....................

These criminals think they are above any and all laws/rules!

What I found tough to get my head around is that EVERYBODY at FIFA is in on it. Ranging from 1st class air travel, 5 star hotels & luxury seminars/conferences to right down blatant theft. When you see the headgangsters you kind of wonder how the world's press didn't publish all this stuff years ago. Some of the "reformers" are even worse than Blatter, best tear it up and start all over again. It took the US to clean up a sport they don't really participate in. Watch it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06tkl9d

And why is FIFA a registered charity?..........it pays little or no tax at all. 

FIFA IS A REGISTERED CHARITY

Despite earning $4.4bn in revenue and $2bn in profit from the 2014 World Cup, FIFA is actually a registered charity, which means that it pays very little tax on its earnings in Switzerland, its home country.

IT INSISTS ON TAX EXEMPTIONS FROM HOST NATIONS

FIFA requires a government guarantee from a host country before it will agree to hold the World Cup there. That includes full exemption from tax, as well as exacting specifications for security and infrastructure. According to Brazil’s Internal Revenue service, the country lost $248.7m as a result of FIFA’s tax exemption. Brazil’s preparation costs for the World Cup cost them $11.3bn.

HOST NATIONS OFTEN HAVE TO CHANGE THEIR LEGISLATION TO MEET FIFA REQUIREMENTS

For the World Cup in South Africa in 2010, the South African government suspended some constitutional rightsand regulations to ensure that preparations were completed to FIFA’s specifications, which included extensive infrastructure work as well as construction of stadia across the country. Rights suspended included the right to protest, and some constraints on press freedoms.

In Brazil, FIFA insisted that the government repeal a law banning the sale of alcohol at sports events, introduced to reduce the number of sports-related violent incidents. FIFA demanded this change because Budweiser is a major World Cup Sponsor.

THEY SET UP THEIR OWN COURTS IN SOUTH AFRICA

The most bizarre request in 2010 was for the creation of FIFA-run courts, which held trials throughout the tournament. Cases heard at some of the 56 World Cup included two Zimbabweans who robbed some foreign journalists and found themselves tried and serving 15-year prison sentences within 24 hours of their arrest. Another high profile case was that of two Dutch women who wore orange dresses to the tournament and found themselves accused of “ambush marketing” for Bavaria beer. They were threatened with six-month prison sentences, but the charges were eventually dropped.

THERE HAVE BEEN 1,200 REPORTED DEATHS DURING THE QATAR WORLD CUP PREPARATIONS

The death toll among construction workers on the Qatar World Cup project, mostly migrants from Nepal, is set to reach 4,000 by the time the work is finished, according to the International Trade Union Federation. An investigation by the Mirror revealed appalling working conditions, in which workers had their passports taken away, were beaten and withheld pay for months. So far, FIFA’s response has been to do better next time: “I will tell you, that human rights and other rights will be part of the basic conditions to organise the competition. That will be new for the next World Cup – the World Cup 2026,” Blatter told the Independent earlier this year. 

Checkout what looks like the war room from Dr Strangelove. It`s the FIFA boardroom!

Qaoy2w5.jpg

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.