jazz

Other Hobbies Other Than Soul

I breed, show and judge German Shepherd Dogs myself. Travel around a bit, good crack with like minded mates and a few soulies to boot. Bred a few Champions, judged in Kenya, UK and Ireland. Showed in UK, Ireland, Germany, Holland and Belgium.

Real good fun, but today bit restricted due to poor health over last 4 years or so. Also started to work my dogs. Catching criminals and the like under test conditions. I know the true colour of adrenalin believe me!!

Model building pretty cheap hobby really, find it very relaxing.

Merkava_00006.JPG

loved making airfix kits when I was a kid b52 bomber was me fav oh and some revell kits aswell Edited by jazz

That you playing left handed? Still got the Rickenbacker I hope?

Hmmmm... I wish! Sold it VERY reluctantly, one of my life's big regrets - it was a 1981 330, sounded beautiful - back then they still did them with a right handed neck, so the headstock looks wrong. At least I've still got my Jazzmaster, Tele custom, Precision and a lovely old old Hofner Verithin to keep me company into my old age!

Now if it came down to getting rid of those or my records?...hmmm what would you do?

Hmmmm... I wish! Sold it VERY reluctantly, one of my life's big regrets - it was a 1981 330, sounded beautiful - back then they still did them with a right handed neck, so the headstock looks wrong. At least I've still got my Jazzmaster, Tele custom, Precision and a lovely old old Hofner Verithin to keep me company into my old age!

Now if it came down to getting rid of those or my records?...hmmm what would you do?

Never owned a Rickenbacker but always wanted one. I've got a Strat and a Tele but my fave guitar is my 68 Epiphone Frontier accoustic. 

If I had to get rid of one or the other, it would the records but hopefully that will never happen.

Keep on pickin'

Restoring the products of Kawasaki Heavy Industries from the 1970's.....

d351fc3b-7dcb-4f60-be9c-966544f73116_zps

Picture051_zpsf061f3c7.jpg

8054653263_b7d01f3164_z_zps89a09869.jpg

95e19e2b-3a9f-474a-bca5-127c29802097_zps

Other manufactures are available......... apparently.

Edited by Zed1

Some of those original early Airfix kits go for a few £'s

Some of the 1/32 cars go for £200 - 300 for sure. The Jag MK10, Vauxhall Victor estate, Austin Marina, etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-AIRFIX-VICTOR-2000-ESTATE-1-32-NOS-Unmade-/351415471679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51d1fe8e3f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Vintage-AIRFIX-FORD-CAPRI-1-32-NOS-/351414679576?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51d1f27818

Perhaps reflecting the price of their full size brethren.

Crap interest rates, dodgy banks and stagnant house prices in recent years has seen people putting their 'disposable' into classic cars and bikes meaning prices have gone stupid. Even run of the mill work-a-day cars and bikes from back in the day are fetching comedy prices.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-c70-/271873368327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4cea6107

Perhaps reflecting the price of their full size brethren.

Crap interest rates, dodgy banks and stagnant house prices in recent years has seen people putting their 'disposable' into classic cars and bikes meaning prices have gone stupid. Even run of the mill work-a-day cars and bikes from back in the day are fetching comedy prices.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-c70-/271873368327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4cea6107

Fudge Me :ohmy:  £2000.00 :g:

I breed, show and judge German Shepherd Dogs myself. Travel around a bit, good crack with like minded mates and a few soulies to boot. Bred a few Champions, judged in Kenya, UK and Ireland. Showed in UK, Ireland, Germany, Holland and Belgium.

Real good fun, but today bit restricted due to poor health over last 4 years or so. Also started to work my dogs. Catching criminals and the like under test conditions. I know the true colour of adrenalin believe me!!

Hi Steve

I love German Shepherds. Keep thinking of having one myself but not whilst I'm full time at work. I'd love to see some pictures if you have any?

Peter

:yes: 

​Well, in which case, my hobby is cooking obscure things that nobody makes anymore...  :thumbsup:

​Give us some examples - always looking for examples. I but a knob of butter in a pan last night, added two thick pork chops to brown. Chucked in 5 fresh sage leaves, garlic and shallots, and then half a bottle of dry cider. Cooked it for 25 minutes and served with potatoes and broccoli. One of many hobbies. :thumbsup:

​Give us some examples - always looking for examples. I but a knob of butter in a pan last night, added two thick pork chops to brown. Chucked in 5 fresh sage leaves, garlic and shallots, and then half a bottle of dry cider. Cooked it for 25 minutes and served with potatoes and broccoli. One of many hobbies. :thumbsup:

​Well, my other hobby is collecting old cookery books!  :)

I used to have a garden last year... now I gave it up and started play piano

​I have some lettuce in my garden right now that I planted last summer and somehow managed to survive the frost -- a new strain methinks!

My stand at the exhibitions around the country :thumbsup:

post-4408-0-89514900-1433578160_thumb.jppost-4408-0-90701600-1433578165_thumb.jp

​That's interesting Chris, I'm about to do a web site for a guy that does the same, he also does memorabilia and merchandise. His name is Colin Levy from Hemel Hempstead..

M

Edited by Mal C

I like my running... this was taken at the Watlington 10k run over the winter, its just next to the M40.. foolishly I attempted this run in the wrong trainers, not fun running up steep hills in quagmire with the wrong footwear... you need studs..

​Bugger! You look so fit its making me feel ill!

:(

​We will be thinking of how fit you are when you run your race on Sunday morning while we are all sitting around off our heads in the caravan at Cleethorpes!  :)

​We will be thinking of how fit you are when you run your race on Sunday morning while we are all sitting around off our heads in the caravan at Cleethorpes!  :)

​ahh, there is always Paris.. or is it Cleethorpes... I'd love to be there but you pays your money!  have a good one Jesse.. M:_)

I believe the Japs could not tell them apart initially, but the Hell Cat out performed the Wild cat and the Zero so much so that it made massive differences in the pacific straight away...

Real boys stuff, i love it... by the way a mate also does what you do, do you trade under a different name by any chance?

mal

Edited by Mal C

In my 20s it was playing senior league ice hockey.  In my 30s through 50s, it was back country skiing and ski-mountaineering (including mountain climbing (most of the way up on skis, but up near the peaks we needed to get off the skis and use pitons and ropes).  I've skied, climbed peaks and snow-camped in The Atlas Mountains in Morocco, in Lebanon, in The High Tatras in Slovakia and Poland, in The Sierra Nevada and Rocky Mountains in USA, in The Rockies and Coast Range, Bugaboos and Laurentians in Canada, in the mountains between Sweden and Norway, in The Alps in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France, in The Dinaric Alps in Yugolsavia and Austria, in Turkey.  But, nearing 70, I am too old to risk my life in such a manner.  A twisted ankle could mean my end.  Also, i can't really afford the cost.  I went on many of those trips on my clients' money.  Disney is not going to pay me to go ski in The Urals or The Tien Shan, or in Finland, or in New Zealand, or in The Himalayas.

In my 20s it was playing senior league ice hockey.  In my 30s through 50s, it was back country skiing and ski-mountaineering (including mountain climbing (most of the way up on skis, but up near the peaks we needed to get off the skis and use pitons and ropes).  I've skied, climbed peaks and snow-camped in The Atlas Mountains in Morocco, in Lebanon, in The High Tatras in Slovakia and Poland, in The Sierra Nevada and Rocky Mountains in USA, in The Rockies and Coast Range, Bugaboos and Laurentians in Canada, in the mountains between Sweden and Norway, in The Alps in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France, in The Dinaric Alps in Yugolsavia and Austria, in Turkey.  But, nearing 70, I am too old to risk my life in such a manner.  A twisted ankle could mean my end.  Also, i can't really afford the cost.  I went on many of those trips on my clients' money.  Disney is not going to pay me to go ski in The Urals or The Tien Shan, or in Finland, or in New Zealand, or in The Himalayas.

​My golly Robb, you have traveled some in pursuit of climbing...and on your clients money, thats something...

​My golly Robb, you have traveled some in pursuit of climbing...and on your clients money, thats something...

​Hobbies are always better when somebody else is paying for them -- this is why I got into commercial photography!  :)

​It's not as if I took unfair advantage of my clients.  I worked on projects for them (The UN, World Bank, Council of Energy Resource Tribes, Individual Canadian and US Native Tribal governments), in their remote areas, and they paid for me to get there.  In my off time there, or before or after working on those projects, I took advantage of being there by skiing and climbing in their mountains.  Now, if I would want to do that, I would have to pay for the airline tickets to get to those far away places.

Fishing for me. Have been an Angler since the age of 6 years old. Love being out at dawn, watching the wildlife waking up. Also seeing the smile on your son`s face on catching his very first fish.....priceless. No mobiles, no xbox, no laptop. Just piece and quiet sat by the waters edge.  

1958115_10202813644237487_1527625729_n.j10410945_10203738262352362_406513458370310527899_10203738263992403_4348105007732

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.