Server Down - May Occur Again

Mike

just discovered server was hacked recently

which is why some may have expirenced redirection to other sites

appears was non- harmful

in process of sorting , hence down time earlier

may be more down time

untill sorted no new members and all accounts awaiting validation have been deleted

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

appears was non- harmful

may be more down time

untill sorted no new members and all accounts awaiting validation have been deleted

Still, nice to know you are still here looking after us..... :unsure:

Edited by Rugby Soul Club

Most site hacking is expidited by chancers - not usually with any tie to the forum they hack. Most forum's have security issues that hackers like to breech... because they can... not for any personal malicious reasons :unsure:

Usually executed by spotty teenages with nothing better to do really :shades:

Usually executed by spotty teenages with nothing better to do really :shades:

Backs up my belief that hacking is an alternative, where a life and/or a girlfriend are unavailable! :unsure:

PS - Glad you're back with us Mike - sorry to hear it's not been all good news for you, what with the hacking etc....just glad to have you here mate!

Edited by Gene-R

Must admit, it did remind me of a problem I had recently.

I switched on my home PC, and instead of the Winnie The Pooh screensaver I have (courtesy of Elaine!), the New Zealand Rugby Team appered, jumping up and down, chanting, and sticking their toungues out. Shocked by what I had seen, I called AOL.

They confirmed my worst fears, when they discovered that my computer had become the victim of a Haka!

not sure on this one as still cleaning up etc

and it may be via other sites on server

does seem finiancially motivated

similar to last time

causes redirection to various sites

more than likely gets some sort of commission or benefit from the redirection

last time was a case of many busy sites being targetted , they use google to find sites that can attack, hack it quietly with no obvious signs or damage ,do it at weekend, etc so no suspicion/discovery

last time did cause damage to visitors redirected, which gave the game away quickly due to virus checkers

this time no damage, so took longer to discover

Honestly... when is this spamfest going to end! Can you imagine having a job like that... to continually spam for drug/gambling/sex compies in order to make money knowing that you're ruining the lives of so many? I've often wondered what sort of financial reward these spammers have, especially the ones that register on forums just to place their URL in their profile. Crazy fools :thumbsup:

Do you get many spam memberships Mike?

Honestly... when is this spamfest going to end! Can you imagine having a job like that... to continually spam for drug/gambling/sex compies in order to make money knowing that you're ruining the lives of so many? I've often wondered what sort of financial reward these spammers have, especially the ones that register on forums just to place their URL in their profile. Crazy fools :thumbsup:

Highlight this post to see what they get up to :thumbsup:

spam url placed here unseen by mods but picked up by search engines

appears was non- harmful

may be more down time

Thank god for that Mike , I was having withdrawal symptoms yesterday not being able to access the site for my daily dose of soul information !

For a moment there I thought you really HAD decided to chuck it all in ... :unsure:

All is well in the end :thumbsup: