Yum Yums Recently Sold On Ebay

macca

Looks like a west coast styrene original from the pictures! As opposed to the east coast vinyl original.

I think the counterfeit was vinyl.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Looks like a west coast styrene original from the pictures! As opposed to the east coast vinyl original.

agree..not booted in this format.... there will be a styrene black issue counterpart to this..never seen it tho

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Good lord. $2,224 after 19 bids. Had no idea it was going for this sort of money now. From a seller in Arizona. This was famously counterfeited, wasn't it?  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201349534008?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hi there,

My copy is a vinyl promo I purchased from one of the countries most respected soul sellers in the country back in the

early nineties. He got it from a big collection of rare originals that a guy had from way back in the late seventies.

My copy has VERY distinct sharp black printing on the label, the deadwax on 'Big Thing' side is capital ABC and like the description in Manship counterfeit/pressing book says the number 12661 the number 2 has no 'oval' and the two number 6's look more like lower case 'b'. The 'Looky Looky' side has in the deadwax ABC - 12660 - again the 6's look like 'b's but note on this side the minus signs between the letters and numbers and the minus sign at the end. 

I also have the added bonus/interest of having a sticker on the 'Looky Look' side which looks like its been there from day one

and says 'THIS SIDE PLEASE, THANK YOU JERRY ROSS'.

Looking at popsike most of the counterfeit copies look like the 'ABC' part of ABC - PARAMOUNT around the top of the label looks quite feint and the general impression is that the print of the whole label is a lot more indistinct compared to mine.

I dont know whats in the deadwax ?

Incidentally I bought my copy for £700 originally, but it does appear to have risen in price somewhat !!!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Absolutely!  That has got to be an original West Coast styrene pressing from Monarch.  The boots photocopied off an original label had weaknesses and thin spots in the black print.  The blemishes and fading on the label appear to be from a very long period (like 50 years).

• Helpful 2
Social source share

What's the sound quality like on the boot?

Good sound. I had one and also a copy of 'Hide and Seek' by Eddie Regan which was basically the same boot in terms of label sharpness, run-out pitting, etc - probably from the same bootlegger in fact.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!