• Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest trickbag

Monday, January 10, 2011

Johnny Scott - Let me be a winner

Johnny+Scott+%2528Souldennis%2529.JPG

Johnny Oliver Scott (born 1936) is an R&B and blues singer from Memphis. Also he is songwriter and producer.

Johnny Scott sang at legendary clubs such as Club Handy, Flamingo Room, The Vogue Club, Peppermint Lounge and Currie’s Club Tropicana, Psycho Club among others. In 1965 he formed record label Portra Records.

Johnny Scott every friday evening from 1968 until 1973 presented late-night a talk show for television of Memphis entitled "The Johnny Scott Show". Great musicians appeared on his show such as Lou Rawls, Patti Labelle, B.B.King, Al Green, Little Milton, The Whispers, Syl Johnson, The Intruders, Eddie Kendricks, Hank Crawford and many others.

Beyond Memphis, Johnny Scott travelled and sang in New York, Germany, France, Italy and other European countries.
In the early 80s he released a single on his own label Portra Records entitled "Let me be a winner / The coming out from under". Both of the songs were written by himself. Date of creation in 1980. But I don't know which is the year of release. Produced and arranged by Errol Thomas.

ricky.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!