Sam Williams On Ebay - Where Will It End?

I should have bought it when it was £12 on Soul Bowl every other week, but there was always something else I wanted more.

It was one of those 'I'll get it next week' records.

It's one of my all time favourite records now......

• Helpful 1
Social source share

wish i,d kept mine too..but i sold mine for £40 in the 90s, ..id been outta the loop for a few yrs and lost all  track of values etc..same time i sold yvonne daniels on sterling for a tenner at the wilton :facepalm:

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

Don't know whats the fuss is about ,SAM WILLIAMS isn't that rare loads about in the 80's and early 90's used be £30 -40 pounds supply in demand with the newcomers on the scene i guess. Had quite a few copies back in the day , fantastic choon though.

Edited by Aaron Darcy
Social source share

The seller is a friend of mine in San Diego and was a very famous collector in Japan in 70s.  He sent me an email today that he is surprised it went to so high price as well and also said it is crazy.

​Some absolute bargains too!!  Bill Brandon 'Rainbow Road' on the same label sold for £5.45!!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well they keep going up, got one from a collector in Detroit about $3/5  think it sold for about £40/60  1997

​Going rate at the time, similar prices for Soul Bros Inc, Ree Flores, etc, and they were too much then (imo)

As in the words of John Gary Williams, The Whole Damn World Is Going Crazy

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!