Strange Ebay listing - The Rotations

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-soul-45-Searching-In-Vain-I-Cant-Find-Her-By-Rotations-/331571536744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item4d33342368

Sure many on this site will have clocked this already, but it struck me as very odd that someone who has ​no previous ebay sales, no feedback, joined ebay on 1st June 2015 and has no other current sales, to have a solitary copy of the Rotations "I can't find her" for sale - no picture either and only a very minimal description.... 

Based in Dublin - anyone know who this might be??? I'm just raising the question cos I might have felt tempted if it weren't so strange, and nobody wants to get stung. Sorry if it's a genuine listing and I'm pissing on someone's chips, not the intention.

Cheers, Jim.

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-soul-45-Searching-In-Vain-I-Cant-Find-Her-By-Rotations-/331571536744?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item4d33342368

Sure many on this site will have clocked this already, but it struck me as very odd that someone who has ​no previous ebay sales, no feedback, joined ebay on 1st June 2015 and has no other current sales, to have a solitary copy of the Rotations "I can't find her" for sale - no picture either and only a very minimal description.... 

Based in Dublin - anyone know who this might be??? I'm just raising the question cos I might have felt tempted if it weren't so strange, and nobody wants to get stung. Sorry if it's a genuine listing and I'm pissing on someone's chips, not the intention.

Cheers, Jim.

​Very strange indeed , i wouldn't bother if was you

Social source share

Why not simply communicate with the seller ,  ask the obvious questions  and find out if the seller and the record are  genuine ?

​A fair point indeed.

To be honest, had a lousy month with multiple badly graded records/ records not turning up etc. so I suppose I am just a bit sensitive when I see a situation where someone "might" be pulling a fast one.

Perhaps I wouldn't have been so suspicious if there had been other items alongside it for sale, or a picture of the record at the very least. It's not hard, not much effort, and I would have thought it would be worth doing for one fairly sought after single record.

Just a bit bizarre, that's all.... thought it was worth mentioning as a dodgy listing

Social source share

If I were you, I'd contact e-bay. Looks like someone is using this as a tester.......​

Ian D :)

​Yeah, am afraid to blow my cover, especially as I'm in Dublin. Could someone ask for scan of both sides. Bought my copy off Irish Greg a few years back, he will am sure be able to vouch if its the same..cheers for heads up

Social source share

Cheers Stu,  seems a big coincidence. I'm the only one whose played this on the Irish scene, Harpo has bought one recently. Lot of coincidences, a person who was living in the house at the time I lost my records first name was Matthew and his surname begins with Kea (matkea)  is this too much of a coincidence, what to do, have reported to eBay, am going to contact Garda who was looking into it here before when I reported them missing...... 

Social source share

Cheers Stu,  seems a big coincidence. I'm the only one whose played this on the Irish scene, Harpo has bought one recently. Lot of coincidences, a person who was living in the house at the time I lost my records first name was Matthew and his surname begins with Kea (matkea)  is this too much of a coincidence, what to do, have reported to eBay, am going to contact Garda who was looking into it here before when I reported them missing...... 

​I don't know about the law enforcement process in Ireland but if I was in your shoes I would definitely report the matter to the Garda and possibly Ebay if the Garda advise you to do so. I don't believe in coincidence where records mysteriously vanish.

Good luck 

Stu

Social source share

Hi Stu, yep have been on to both, the Garda that dealt with me before is not back on until Saturday, but have emailed her personal address, could get messy if its not a coincidence.

Cheers

Danny

​Good luck, if it is yours i wish you all the best.

gogs

Social source share

Guest Noggin

We  shouldn't hang him yet but that would be one HUGE coincidence. I wonder what the law is here. Someone is going to win this record before the Garda investigate the matter. like you say Danny, it could get messy. Best of luck.

Graeme

Social source share

​Yeah, am afraid to blow my cover, especially as I'm in Dublin. Could someone ask for scan of both sides. Bought my copy off Irish Greg a few years back, he will am sure be able to vouch if its the same..cheers for heads up

​I forgot i sold that to you, great record. Hope your well matey.

There were a few copies on ebay the other day, a vg one for $100 buy it now if anyone is interested. Get searching...

Thanks

Greg

Social source share

​Hope it all works out and you get your records back mate!

Social source share

I lost a copy of this in a box of records I lost a while back, I live in Dublin ???

​When we heard about this everyone had the same opinion that the person would lie low til the dust settled and then try to sell off your records one by one .

The thing is its not that easy especially as they are rare records , first one he tries to sell (that you know off ) and someone flags it up .

Lets hope the culprit is tracked down and gets his full comeuppance in whatever form that takes , a dirty action stealing .

Best of luck pal .

Jim 

Edited by Slim Jim
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Cheers lads for best wishes and help (hi Greg yeah hope you well  mate too). Yes a friend has won it for me, there have been some developments over weekend, probably wait till I get confirmation tomorrow on payers email, then can give you a better update.

Danny

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!