rip Phil Joss

Phil Joss (Newton Aycliffe) sadly died in a motorbike accident at the weekend  

long time in the scene friend to many Husband Father Brother allround great bloke will be greatly missed  

Phil Joss xx
Funeral details
Newton Aycliffe St Clare's church
Thursday 18th June 10.30am.
Crematorium for family and close friends at Darlington 11.45am

Wake at Newton Aycliffe working men's club. KTF

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Phil Joss (Newton Aycliffe) sadly died in a motorbike accident at the weekend  

long time in the scene friend to many Husband Father Brother allround great bloke will be greatly missed  

Phil Joss xx
Funeral details
Newton Aycliffe St Clare's church
Thursday 18th June 10.30am.
Crematorium for family and close friends at Darlington 11.45am

Wake at Newton Aycliffe working men's club. KTF

​Everybody here is still trying to take this in Harry. Such a popular infectious character, everyone was just talking to him the other day. He was as happy as he has ever been when he was tragically taken, him and Lydia enjoying each other and life to the full, lets not forget he was a cracking little footballer aswell, played for me on a sunday morning for years, whenever we got ourselves in the shit (and it was often) Phil would dig us out of it single handed with his dazzling wing play to the extent I would be shouting and screaming at the others to give him a week off, but, he loved doing it I think, and wouldn't have had it any other way. He was bang into collecting records again, remember him excitingly telling me in Tesco that he had just acquired a demo of The Casanova Two, was DJing at a few venues aswell. We will all miss him, that is not a throw away cliche, the man is that popular. God bless you Phil

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

​Everybody here is still trying to take this in Harry. Such a popular infectious character, everyone was just talking to him the other day. He was as happy as he has ever been when he was tragically taken, him and Lydia enjoying each other and life to the full, lets not forget he was a cracking little footballer aswell, played for me on a sunday morning for years, whenever we got ourselves in the shit (and it was often) Phil would dig us out of it single handed with his dazzling wing play to the extent I would be shouting and screaming at the others to give him a week off, but, he loved doing it I think, and wouldn't have had it any other way. He was bang into collecting records again, remember him excitingly telling me in Tesco that he had just acquired a demo of The Casanova Two, was DJing at a few venues aswell. We will all miss him, that is not a throw away cliche, the man is that popular. God bless you Phil

Kev

​Was so saddened and shocked to hear the news on Sunday. Phil along with his brother Kev are two people who I have known all of my soul life. A really lovely true gent, always had a smile and a chat for you. Still somewhat in shock. A dear friend, who will be sadly missed by myself and many others. Our thoughts go out to Phil`s lovely wife Lydia, and all Phil`s close friends and family, at what must be a terrible time for them all. R.I.P PHIL I`M GONNA MISS YOU BUDDY.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was really saddened to hear of Phil's passing , remember him well as always being in Mr Ms all those years back and it was always a pleasure to see him at events in the North East in recent years , a genuinely nice guy and very well liked and respected , he'll be much missed, deepest condolences to his family RIP Phil

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I m stunned by this extremely sad news. Phil was not only a great bloke , but whenever I saw him the first thing he would always talk to me about would be his latest record finds or "wants" .....our music just lost a great friend and from Judith and myself to brother Kev and all Phil's family and friends, our thoughts are with you at this extremely sad time.    

Social source share

Sad and shocking news on Sunday.

Lydia and the family are deep in my thoughts, as are Phil's brothers Kev and Graeme and their families.

From me and my mam Rosemary and my sisters Annette, Gillian and Clare.

Rest in peace Phil Joss.

Social source share

Heard the sad news on Sunday as I returned from my holidays, missed the last raffa due to being in Cyprus and when the lads said Phil had been there in top form I wished I had been there to see him . known him 35 years and will miss his banter .heart felt thoughts go to Lydia and all his family and close friends,COL

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Remember Kev from those halcyon days in the record bar at Wigan. One of those guys, the minute you meet them, you're friends. I remember his articles in one of the fanzines of the day, "The Joss Report".

last saw Kev at Guy Hennigan's 50th. As usual he seemed content and happy and full of beans and of course, good company.

God Bless you Kev.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!