Any soul nights in Berlin

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi Brian

There certainly was a night or two, someone I know was living out there & used to DJ. Just looked for his last email & found one I hadn't seen to say he was now back in this country :ohmy:  I'll email him anyway & see what he knows.

All best

Dave

Social source share

Hi Brian

There certainly was a night or two, someone I know was living out there & used to DJ. Just looked for his last email & found one I hadn't seen to say he was now back in this country :ohmy:  I'll email him anyway & see what he knows.

All best

Dave

​Hi Dave,

I guess I am the "someone I know" then!!!!   :D  Yes, I am back and hopefully will see you soon. I trust the SHS night and crew are all doing well? I'm in Leamington Spa now by the way - a bit different from Berlin & Kuala Lumpur!!!! 

Brian, I have a feeling we know each other too? Anyway, yes I was in Berlin for almost 3 years and it is a brilliant city with plenty to see and do, very interesting. Soul wise, it has a brilliant soul scene with a great variety of music from early RnB to new stuff and a great crowd of friendly and open minded people, quite a young age group too - by UK comparison at least! :).  I did DJ there a bit and loved every minute. I admit I miss the city and the people greatly.

I'm not sure what would be on that weekend but the main guy to contact on here would be Marc Forrest, he runs a night over there - Hip City Soul Club -  and is "in the know" on most of the goings on. I have dropped him a note to tell him you'll be in touch.

If you want any help with getting around the city, drop me a PM and I'll be glad to help. It will be bloody cold in January mind.

Are you going alone? Could be I'll join you!!

Take care,

John.

Edited by John Al
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!