Casanova Two Stamped?

grouse

This should be a quick and simple yes or no answer

I came across a orange issue copy of The Casanova Two - We Go To Keep On - Early Bird, in a box I haven't looked in for years.

I have a white demo which is stamped in the runout groove, but this orange copy isn't stamped so I'm guessing it's a boot.

I was going to put it in my 'donate to worthy causes' box but if it's not right I'll just bin it.

So simple question, Should the original issues be stamped?

Social source share

Play them both, the boot has very poor fidelity.

​I'll do that when I get a chance.

Is it the only way to tell?

I was expecting someone to say the issue is stamped the same as the demo.....

Just looked on UK Ebay and saw this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casanova-Two-We-Got-To-Keep-On-70-s-reissue-northern-soul-/141650735771?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20fb0ab29b

These people are nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Arcticsoulboy

My orange issue has a machine stamp F-2622 and something that looks like a tiny square on the other end of the run-out. It´s on vinyl. Not 100% sure its kosher, but it plays nice.

Social source share

My orange issue has a machine stamp F-2622 and something that looks like a tiny square on the other end of the run-out. It´s on vinyl. Not 100% sure its kosher, but it plays nice

Though I´d seen this discussed before:

​Thanks, I suspected that the originals should be stamped.......

Social source share

I've just played them back to back and the boot is definitely quieter than the original.

I had to make do with the boot until I got a white stamped demo, the sound clarity and volume was miles better

I like Fred Hughes' solo version from his Wand album, more crossover than northern though

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I had to make do with the boot until I got a white stamped demo, the sound clarity and volume was miles better

I like Fred Hughes' solo version from his Wand album, more crossover than northern though

Freddie Hughes was one half of the Casanova Two I reckon John, It definitely sounds like him, and he wrote it, BTW, I thought it was easy to tell visually aswell as sound, I have had both boots, white and orange and have an original, the print and overall look of the original is a lot more sharper and proper looking

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!