Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

constellation161

Technics mixer advise needed

I am trying to set up a Technics SH MZ1200 amplifier for home entertainment use only with a pair of Technics decks. So far I have managed to  set it up and can play on both phono channels, cross fader working and the channel volume faders working. What I can't figure out is why when using the cue facility I can hear in the headphone channel that is being used, I have pressed the cue button so what am I doing wrong ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mick Perrins

I am trying to set up a Technics SH MZ1200 amplifier for home entertainment use only with a pair of Technics decks. So far I have managed to  set it up and can play on both phono channels, cross fader working and the channel volume faders working. What I can't figure out is why when using the cue facility I can hear in the headphone channel that is being used, I have pressed the cue button so what am I doing wrong ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mick Perrins

Sounds like the mixer has split monitoring, there should be a switch or a control to adjust this so it just picks out the one you want to use for cueing,

split monitor allows you to combine deck and output mixed together through the headphones, mostly used by jocks that mix & scratch.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts