Willie Pickett on Eastern & Soul Pot How manies NOS found ?

Lots and lots and lots... Been two variations up for auction most months over the last two years or so. Not sure if there have been any Second Chance Offerings. Given these records turn up in 25 count boxes, sometimes within 100 count cartons, there could be at least 50 to 100 on each label being dribbled into circulation.

Social source share

Lots and lots and lots... Been two variations up for auction most months over the last two years or so. Not sure if there have been any Second Chance Offerings. Given these records turn up in 25 count boxes, sometimes within 100 count cartons, there could be at least 50 to 100 on each label being dribbled into circulation.

Was offered a 'Second Chance' option only this morning, and couldn't turn it down. Second month in a row this has happened but this time the price was most definitely right.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Was offered a 'Second Chance' option only this morning, and couldn't turn it down. Second month in a row this has happened but this time the price was most definitely right.

Point proven. Sometimes it can prove beneficial but too often it is a poor deal. Paying fractionally less than a winning bidder is not necessarily the same as stumping up a bit more than the third highest bidder in an auction, explaining why eBay are keen to promote Second Chance Offers.

Social source share

He did the same with me. I haven't made up my mind yet as to buy it since I believe that he still has many copies. And I wonder how many other lower bidders were give that second chance offer... I'm kinda afraid this record will still pop-up a lot of times and will be obtainable for cheaper. Anything anyone ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

He did the same with me. I haven't made up my mind yet as to buy it since I believe that he still has many copies. And I wonder how many other lower bidders were give that second chance offer... I'm kinda afraid this record will still pop-up a lot of times and will be obtainable for cheaper. Anything anyone ?

Shrewd thinking. Now looking to be less common than originally thought simply due to the stock turning up in quantity. The book price should slip a bit, and once supplies dry up, the value should perk up a bit. This one looks more like a Danny Moore repeat rather than the Four Tracks all over again.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Another one just gone through E bay and holdings it's price. $255

The question remains when will the well run dry ?

Yeah and have you've seen some nice or good items from his last/running auctions ? Some ending prices are just out of this world. What's behind it or who are those stupid people with too much money (snipper's bid) ? I'm stunned because it's not about one record (over which many are after and the competition is so strong and the $ struggle is fearce)  it's about many and some actually very easy to find anywhere at the right price...

Social source share

Yeah and have you've seen some nice or good items from his last/running auctions ? Some ending prices are just out of this world. What's behind it or who are those stupid people with too much money (snipper's bid) ? I'm stunned because it's not about one record (over which many are after and the competition is so strong and the $ struggle is fearce)  it's about many and some actually very easy to find anywhere at the right price...

Maybe the yanks buying in their own backyard, and without access to the wealth of plundered discs we've got in the UK ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!