Pete S

Anyone For bacon?

It's times like this I'm glad I made the decision last year to go meat free (I allow myself fish). Can't remember exactly when it was but must be about a year ago. I'd recommend it. 

It's times like this I'm glad I made the decision last year to go meat free (I allow myself fish). Can't remember exactly when it was but must be about a year ago. I'd recommend it. 

I'm still attempting to but have a real problem eating all the Quorn stuff, starts off great then makes me gag half way through, very strange

I'm still attempting to but have a real problem eating all the Quorn stuff, starts off great then makes me gag half way through, very strange

I don't have too much of that stuff because like you say its ok in small measures.  but after that... 

I've not eaten meat, fish or dairy products for years, you don't have to eat Quorn to go meat free, there's plenty of sites showing you how to cook vegan, even some to go totally raw, which is an incredibly healthy option, though can be somewhat expensive. 

I had a workmate(plasterer),who always put an expletive in the middle of other words.So you got:-

Mush-fuckin-rooms,

To-bastard-matoes,

Cu-cunting-cumbers!

Nip in the butty shop and order that lot-with brown-friggin-sauce!

Edited by sir cumference

I've not eaten meat, fish or dairy products for years, you don't have to eat Quorn to go meat free, there's plenty of sites showing you how to cook vegan, even some to go totally raw, which is an incredibly healthy option, though can be somewhat expensive. 

bet they give you Rita and the Tiaras ,.

bet they give you Rita and the Tiaras ,.

Interestingly, though maybe not to some, many years ago, late 70's if I recall, at the now sadly long gone Stonehenge free festivals there was a hippie guru type that told me in a round about way that having loose stools was a much healthier way of life, as it gives you proof that you have enough fibre in your diet, he wasn't as polite as that, but I'd prefer that to ever having to suffer from constipation and the chance of piles. 

Oh and yes, I do have a Rita and the Tiaras, in a nicely signed cardboard sleeve that Rita Graham did for me at Prestatyn :wicked:

I had a workmate(plasterer),who always put an expletive in the middle of other words.So you got:-

Mush-fuckin-rooms,

To-bastard-matoes,

Cu-cunting-cumbers!

Nip in the butty shop and order that lot-with brown-friggin-sauce!

This has a name. It's called Tmesis and is the only word in the English language that starts with Tm (I think).

Regards.

Drew.

Edited by Drew3

Thats very interesting-I was not a-pissing-ware of that!

Thanks for the info,mate.

I think it only applies when a word is inserted into the middle of another word as opposed to into a sentence (if you see what I mean).

I first became aware of this years ago when an old social work manager of mine used to rant about "Child Psy-sodding-chiatry"!!! 

Not adverse to the odd "I hate Liver-f@&/ing-pool" myself during the footy season sir c!

Regards.

Drew.

Edited by Drew3

Hi all

I just felt that I had to resurrect this for Christmas, made me cry laughing the first time that I saw it and I just love the comments from some of the contributors and thanks to Pete Smith for starting it.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.