the other ron & the embracers?

Hi you knowledgeable people

last time i saw butch playing he played an imo fantastic tune, when i asked him straight away he answered its "the other ron & the embracers".

still totally electrified back home i dropped him a mail to get more information but never got answer. Maybe no entry at this point for the lower class?

whatever, can anybody help me out please? IS there another one? Rare? Title? For sale?

thx in advance!!

h

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest uroffal

Hi you knowledgeable people

last time i saw butch playing he played an imo fantastic tune, when i asked him straight away he answered its "the other ron & the embracers".

still totally electrified back home i dropped him a mail to get more information but never got answer. Maybe no entry at this point for the lower class?

whatever, can anybody help me out please? IS there another one? Rare? Title? For sale?

thx in advance!!

h

The 'other' one as far as I know is called 'Gotta Get Away' is also on Spectrum and credited to the Embracers only. I was looking for this for a number of years from 2005ish but never saw one for sale so can assume it's a pretty hard find.

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

• 3 years later...
On 23/06/2015 at 21:52, Guest uroffal said:

The 'other' one as far as I know is called 'Gotta Get Away' is also on Spectrum and credited to the Embracers only. I was looking for this for a number of years from 2005ish but never saw one for sale so can assume it's a pretty hard find.

It would be nice to find out who this group were and I apologise if I have missed a thread on here

Net stuff quotes and it's all the same !!!

"Ron & the Embracers were a semi-obscure group from East Los Angeles, CA.  That’s about all that I know of them. “Latin Blood” is the A-side to their highly sweated Brown-eyed Northern Soul tune “You Came Into My Life” on Spectrum, and it’s a heavy instrumental complete with nice keys, a reverbed-out guitar and loud horns a la Los Vampiros.  I’ve personally been jamming this out all winter, since it has a nice vibe to it that suits this time of year.  Perfect for a crisp, sunny winter day in California.

Now for the Northern Soul tune.  The horns on this track are what it’s all about for me here, but really it has a lot going for it.  For one, Ron’s voice is like butter over the backing soul music. I’ve never heard of this fellow named Al Maldonado, who apparently produced both of the songs on this 45, but I’d love to hear anything else he had a hand in!"

M.R. Martin production might be a clue, but I am stuck and I guess they had nothing to do with the Chicago group on Lucky Label Inc "Mr Sunrise"

Embracers.jpg

Ron.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
other group
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!