Why Oh Why did I buy this record

Ik001

I don't know if this one has been covered before. But have any members out there purchased a record, (maybe buying "blind") and upon arrival thinking "why the f**k did I buy this?? There are a few over the years that I have bought on evil-bay that come under this category, especially before the advent of you-tube.  Here is one of them!! https://youtu.be/uHGPP8OtqH8

Edited by ik001
Social source share

sorry i don't understand, your problem with this purches is? its a great soul record so unless you paid $100's you have a wonderful 45 :yes:

Hasn't it got a decent flip side too? What was it you weren't happy about?

Edited by Rich B
0/10 for spelling!
Social source share

I have three such examples, when I was collecting Detroit stuff I bought Mike & Ray If only you knew, hated it and still do. The other was  Elliott small-I`m a devil, was told to buy it in the 70`s, so took the advice got it home, played it and hated it, and still do. Sorry if this offends others as I know it`s a popular record with others but not my cup of tea. And Ronnie & Burt love where have you gone, don`t get me started on that one:D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Typical that Harry, as I bought the Mike and Ray and like it. I'll have a look/listen at the others.

I liked Elliot Small at Wigan, but ....... about 37 years on and in the cold light of day...

However, on the PLUS side, nice to see someone has found some film of Mr. M's and some of the dancing to add to the youtube version.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Personally I'm glad you hated this record and chose to post it up as it is ticking all my boxes.

Now added to my little black book:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

I don't know if this one has been covered before. But have any members out there purchased a record, (maybe buying "blind") and upon arrival thinking "why the f**k did I buy this?? There are a few over the years that I have bought on evil-bay that come under this category, especially before the advent of you-tube.  Here is one of them!! https://youtu.be/uHGPP8OtqH8

I like this, what's wrong with it, nice production, clean vocals, nice track?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!