Ohio Players - Love slipped etc

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

On the Trip Greatest Hits LP it states that all the tracks had been previously released,

I thought this was the only way to have Love Slipped, is this right or wrong?

:g:

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy Kempster

Outta Sight released it on a single along with The Valentines - Breakaway

John

Is there anything they haven't released? :lol:

Social source share

Fluffy !!!!!!

Yes Fluffy, since the SS "upgrade" my old icon was somehow lost in the migration to the new, now old, server. My old computers are out of service at the moment and so I used what was on this revised computer given to me by a grateful friend. And Fluffy's picture was on it since he did a little escape/disappearance act once again. I had to stick those "lost cat" poster in my neighborhood. Five or six days later I was informed that he might be in a garden of the library behind my house where I found him !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it had an official release on jomar some 10 odd years ago didnt it? under towanda barnes?

i actually prefer it to the sam williams.

It has "I gotta get away" on the flip, off the Gloria Barnes Uptown album. Always thought it was a boot. The Ohio Players are credited as doing some of the backing on her Uptown album, so I presume the Johnny Brantley connection had her singing on their album too.

Kev

Social source share

Guest Aaron Darcy

It's also on the Ohio Players Superpak LP on Trip, that's the only two sources I believe.

That's correct , i have both LP'S 

Social source share

It has "I gotta get away" on the flip, off the Gloria Barnes Uptown album. Always thought it was a boot. The Ohio Players are credited as doing some of the backing on her Uptown album, so I presume the Johnny Brantley connection had her singing on their album too.

Kev

i gotta get away is also on the ohio players greatest hits album , gloria barnes and towanda barnes are the same person

Social source share

I had that instrumental covered up as "No Trespassing" about 25 years ago, it was on a really cheapo cd, one of the first I ever bought along with everything else, the label was one that issued old recordings by artists that consequently became popular.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!