more boot madness

It's over £100 now. Unbelievable. I sold my real demo for £20 (a few years back mind!).

Instead of some idiot spending £100 on a worthless piece of plastic like this and encouraging the bootleggers to

press up even more, why did,nt the auction winner spend a £100 on a what could be a really nice original instead

you can get some good records for that money :ohmy:

Here's some great nice condition originals all well under £100 I've bought off ebay in the last few weeks...

MONORAYS - LOVE £30,  MARTHA STARR - NO PART TIME WLP £50,  DEALERS - YOU GOT IT £55,

LEE TILLMAN - SHE'S THE ONE I LOVE £40,  FANTASTIC EPICS - LET'S GET TOGETHER £57

ADVENTURERS - I CAUGHT YOU CHEATIN WLP £75,  WORLD COLUMN - SO IS THE SUN £20 none of these

will instantly be worthless and you can play em at a gig with you head held high :thumbsup:

Can't believe PATTI & EMBLEMS went for £450, paid $70 ten years ago for the copy I have now  (Sold my first demo in the 70's for £6-00!!!)   

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Instead of some idiot spending £100 on a worthless piece of plastic like this and encouraging the bootleggers to

press up even more, why did,nt the auction winner spend a £100 on a what could be a really nice original instead

you can get some good records for that money :ohmy:

Here's some great nice condition originals all well under £100 I've bought off ebay in the last few weeks...

MONORAYS - LOVE £30,  MARTHA STARR - NO PART TIME WLP £50,  DEALERS - YOU GOT IT £55,

LEE TILLMAN - SHE'S THE ONE I LOVE £40,  FANTASTIC EPICS - LET'S GET TOGETHER £57

ADVENTURERS - I CAUGHT YOU CHEATIN WLP £75,  WORLD COLUMN - SO IS THE SUN £20 none of these

will instantly be worthless and you can play em at a gig with you head held high :thumbsup:

Can't believe PATTI & EMBLEMS went for £450, paid $70 ten years ago for the copy I have now  (Sold my first demo in the 70's for £6-00!!!)   

£450-£550 seems to be the going rate these days a lot of us have tales of stuff that we sold 40 years ago for a few quid that is now worth hundreds or thousands but that's just life, I have sold 2 original Patti's on ebay in the past 6 months and got £466 for a VG++ copy and £565 for a VG+ which made no sense but then and used the cash to by a minter for £440. I'm very happy and so it seems are both of the buyers who left me top feedback! There seems to be a lot of new dj's around who will pay huge amounts for records that rarely come up for sale. I commented last week on £1300 for Doni Burdick which to me seems nuts but ,hey maybe I might sell my whole collection now and buy an Aston Martin or Ferrari!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

One on Manship's auction at £187 right now so why not bid on this? OK, this will go for more than £400 inducing some to chase the inferior version. That said, if someone just has to have this on vinyl to spin in the confines of their bedroom, fine. Great record by the way and not one I own yet but can stave off bootleg-cravings long enough for one to pop up at the right price.

Social source share

Gerry, you've either got the knack of how to fill out Japanese order forms or have a shop/s, dealer/s who is happy to return emails...Well done mate.. I got a number of copies of the Zven Zetterburg item by spawnyly correctly completing the Scandinavian form a few years back... last 4 copies they said in their reply.  But as you say... 'ya gotta look!'  :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!