• Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

here's a quick clip......

link

Not quite sure why Chalkster.... BUT.... like billytheboot's "wav" file clips in his "sales/wants/event" post.... it "buffers" or "skips" or "summat" and WON'T PLAY wink.gif ....

Even if you "right click" it and select "save target as" to download and play straight in Windows Media Player via your own PC it does the same....

Get the following message "pop up"....

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Seems to only be happening "of late" and to "wav" files.... as when check to make sure got "latest" of "all to do with" WMP it gives the "yes, all up to date" message wacko.gif ....

Perhaps Mike can "troubleshoot" this little problem :yes: .... or perhaps "we" should just "upload" mp3's or RealAudio files as they don't seem to be a problem :thumbsup: ....

Soz mate.... can't "hear" it properly although seem to "recognise" it from the "bits" that do play before I get the WMP message :( ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Not quite sure why Chalkster.... BUT.... like billytheboot's "wav" file clips in his "sales/wants/event" post.... it "buffers" or "skips" or "summat" and WON'T PLAY :( ....

Even if you "right click" it and select "save target as" to download and play straight in Windows Media Player via your own PC it does the same....

Get the following message "pop up"....

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Seems to only be happening "of late" and to "wav" files.... as when check to make sure got "latest" of "all to do with" WMP it gives the "yes, all up to date" message wacko.gif ....

Perhaps Mike can "troubleshoot" this little problem :yes: .... or perhaps "we" should just "upload" mp3's or RealAudio files as they don't seem to be a problem :thumbsup: ....

Soz mate.... can't "hear" it properly although seem to "recognise" it from the "bits" that do play before I get the WMP message :( ....

link

Save as and open in another player, Windows media player is pants!!!! Playes fine here when downloaded wink.gif

Social source share

Save as and open in another player, Windows media player is pants!!!!  Playes fine here when downloaded  wink.gif

link

Nah mate.... it's always been OK up to now.... no probs with owt.... just "seems" to be of late.... i.e today for me.... could be ISP "overload" with downloads, know peeps knock the WMP but I've had no probs since being on "net" for last 8 years with the various upgrades.... same as RealPlayer "knockers", I ain't never had probs :yes: ....

This must be one of your "JetAudio" plugs again.... sure you're not on commission :(:P:(:thumbsup: ....

WILL get it sorted though :( .... never been one to"shirk" a challenge :( ....

Social source share

Nah mate.... it's always been OK up to now.... no probs with owt.... just "seems" to be of late.... i.e today for me.... could be ISP "overload" with downloads, know peeps knock the WMP but I've had no probs since being on "net" for last 8 years with the various upgrades.... same as RealPlayer "knockers", I ain't never had probs wink.gif ....

This must be one of your "JetAudio" plugs again.... sure you're not on commission :(   :P   :(   :thumbsup: ....

WILL get it sorted though :( .... never been one to"shirk" a challenge :( ....

link

No plug an dno commission but did I tell you how g..... :yes::(:(

Social source share

It is an mp3pro..which basically is an MP3.  That could be the reason Windows Media player won't play it.

Will post a mp3 over the weekend...of out soonish   :yes:

link

Now you decide to tell me after my previous reply wacko.gif .... must get the "mp3 pro" thingy via my "recording" software....POLDERBITS (hit link, v good proggy).... just "never" felt it was owt "special" to bother with wink.gif:thumbsup: ....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Now you decide to tell me after my previos reply wacko.gif .... must get the "mp3 pro" thingy via my "recording" software....POLDERBITS (hit link, v good proggy).... just "never" felt it was owt "special" to bother with :yes:   :thumbsup: ....

link

mark

does it play for 10/15 secs then getta error message

just tried it with winmedia and thats what happened

15 sec with quicktime

opened it with soundforge

15 sec of sound but 45 sec of blank shows

it may be a prob with board ? or format or maybe chalky cut it to 15 sec but it saved as 60 sec

dunno??

Edited by mike-
Social source share

mark

does it play for 10/15 secs then getta error message

just tried it with winmedia and thats what happened

15 sec with quicktime

openend ity with soundforge

15 sec of sound but 45 sec of blank shows

it may be a prob with board ?  or maybe chalky cut it to 15 sec but it saved as 60 sec

dunno??

link

That's exactly what happens Mike.... as said.... did same with billytheboot's added "wav's" in his thread....

Never/not done before.... sounds like the "buff", "spit and struggle" then "stop"....

Social source share

That's exactly what happens Mike.... as said.... did same with billytheboot's added "wav's" in his thread....

Never/not done before.... sounds like the "buff", "spit and struggle" then "stop"....

link

looks like its either the board messing up the format of .wav files when uploading ?

or similar

if chalky can let us know if was 15 sec or 60 sec clip , will have a dig

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Just got a copy Mike  :yes:

link

Hi Chalky

If you don't mind, can you say where you got it, as I have been emailing a US dealer who listed a copy, but am not getting any replies. Just wondered if it was the same guy {can't say who it is, cos if it's not the same as yours, they will all be after it!) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi Chalky

If you don't mind, can you say where you got it, as I have been emailing a US dealer who listed a copy, but am not getting any replies. Just wondered if it was the same guy {can't say who it is, cos if it's not the same as yours, they will all be after it!) :thumbsup:

link

No from this country :yes:yes.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!