JOEY IRVING AND JUST US - There's A Man - Unique copy - NM

Guest daptunes

Guest daptunes

Up for auction is a unique copy of Joey Irving & Just Us "There's A Man / I Have This World And You" - it's probably the only copy on Golden Music and it has a different green sleeve (the sleeve has been seen on some copies - the Golden Music pressing not). It was the inventory copy of Baltic Records and so it was possibly a one off before they decided to press it on Baltic records altogether. I got this from the Baltic record label owner. Record and sleeve are NM. I will take offers for 10 days through my email gerddewilde /at/ gmail.com

For those who want a bit of history behind the '45: The reason this '45 was pressed in Belgium on Baltic is because Baltic had the policy "to press on vinyl what nobody else wanted" (to quote the baltic owner), they had many collaborations with Polish, Russian, Canadian (...) labels and that's how the Canadian Joey Irving got to be released on a Belgian label: in a transaction with a Candian label owner on a visit to Belgium.

IMG_1531.JPG

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest daptunes

Hi well I first found the Joey Irving '45 about 6 years ago, it was quite "undiscovered" then and I've looked for copies ever since, so far I found 3 copies (I'm living in Belgium), this is my 4th, I had never seen this sleeve nor label before, I also checked with other soul collectors in Belgium and neither did they, one had heard of the green sleeve but never the red label, also on popsike there nothing with the green sleeve and red label, so when I got this copy from the Baltic label owner (who didn't know anything anymore about different presses) I considered it to be a unique one, perhaps they did press some more and then decided to mention the full band name and put them on the sleeve as well, we will probably never now. It's a surprize to me that there was one on offer on ebay that went unsold, perhaps you all missed out there ;-) as i think, if not unique, it is at least safe to say that this a much rarer press then one that is known now. Thank you for your offers btw!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!