prophets

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The pink and white promos are quite common.  I looked through literally millions of 45s from the year that record was out through today, and I have NEVER SEEN A YELLOW ONE!  I would guess that the yellow one is very rare.  But, considering that the stock issue was extremely common, as were both the pink and white DJs, I wouldn't think that the yellow DJ would be very valuable, despite its rarity.

Social source share

aren't the yellow ones boots?:g:

OK, you're right about that. I never care for the said record so I never tried to figure anything about it. And since some late sixties Smash releases had yellow promos variation, I thought that this one was also one of them... but after some quick search on the net it reveals itself a bootleg ! You're right then. I've learned something this morning. Thanks for that.

Social source share

Hi there my Yellow promo of this is stamped in the deadwax with a matrix number

how can mine be a boot !!!! 

Ideally find someone with at least one that is legit for sure and then compare with your matrix. The thing is when looking on Popsike all the yellow promo copies were from sellers based in the UK. Spot I kinda thought well that is suspicious since none were sold from the USA... Now John Manship has a Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fip5fW4NCkclip with good picture of said yellow DJ copy that indeed looks more real than anything. So I guess we might have to be more careful with such categorical assumption. There were real yellow promos maybe and bootlegs then or...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!