mike

virgin rail tickets sale £10 to london etc

On the surface it appears a great sale, and as long as you want to travel when the sale tickets are available, you can save an awful lot of money.

But in practical terms, talking as someone who uses the train a lot, the sale is meaningless. Tickets are all one way, so you can never get a single back, for the same reduced price, you can never get a train when you want it, and because of the crap way the train companies are organised these days it's likely most journeys will involve trains run by two companies, so you can't get a ticket for your whole journey !

Am I being a cynic in thinking this isn't a sale at all really, because they are just trying to shift seats on trains that aren't normally sold.

How does the saying go "You can't polish a turd", but if you reduce it enough, someone will buy it :lol:

On the surface it appears a great sale, and as long as you want to travel when the sale tickets are available, you can save an awful lot of money.

But in practical terms, talking as someone who uses the train a lot, the sale is meaningless. Tickets are all one way, so you can never get a single back, for the same reduced price, you can never get a train when you want it, and because of the crap way the train companies are organised these days it's likely most journeys will involve trains run by two companies, so you can't get a ticket for your whole journey !

Am I being a cynic in thinking this isn't a sale at all really, because they are just trying to shift seats on trains that aren't normally sold.

How does the saying go "You can't polish a turd", but if you reduce it enough, someone will buy it :lol:

For sure Dave Virgin want to sell tickets for vacant seat, it may work for some people.

• I've been using xcountry travel for about two years now for London best deal I got was £10 each way (Nott'm/London) most expensive was £14 to London return was £18 still very cheap,can book upto three months in advance.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.