Russell Gilbert

Why you should never drink and bicycle

Great entertainment unfolded outside our place at 05:30 this morning after the local club/bar had closed. Remembering that everyone in the Netherlands gets about by bike, this is going home drunk Dutch style. The only one able to stand properly is the blond girl, and I'm sure she was only there to watch the guys make fools of themselves.

Interestingly, the police pulled up three times but not once did the officers deem what was happening to be worthy of stepping out of their car. Not sure that would have been the case in the UK, but then as far as this situation is concerned, most Dutch people will tell you "been there, done that!"

Great clip. Those guys really should have taken a cab! I remember cycling home after a skinful one night. I made it without falling off but afterwards i reflected that it was an incredibly dangerous thing to do.

I must admit I've done similar, both under the influence of alcohol and other things, and survived, though heaven knows how.  Youth means immortality when you're young, at least that's the way it seems, until hindsight hits you like a bus.  A cab won't be considered by these guys for a few years yet, especially with the Dutch police so worldly wise.

Ha, we did this a couple of weeks ago, not as bad but lets just say one of us still has the scars :D At £1.90 a pint and £10 in me pocket.......................................

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.