Peter99

Anyone Cooked Anything Nice Recently?

Not had one of these threads for a while. So, has anyone cooked/had anything nice to eat recently? I've been well off the wagon and not really cooking but I am going to make some home made onion rings in a bit. The bought ones aren't very good - although Aunt Bessies are about the best of a bad bunch - at least there whole onion rings not shaped processed rubbish. I've got a nice rump steak in the fridge too.

Chef

:elvis:

Not had one of these threads for a while. So, has anyone cooked/had anything nice to eat recently? I've been well off the wagon and not really cooking but I am going to make some home made onion rings in a bit. The bought ones aren't very good - although Aunt Bessies are about the best of a bad bunch - at least there whole onion rings not shaped processed rubbish. I've got a nice rump steak in the fridge too.

Chef

:elvis:

Have you ever tried a beer batter on onion rings Peter?  Should work nice with your steak (sooner you than me)

Had a lovely fruit curry on Sunday, with a fruit samosa, best thing I've tasted for a while.

Have you ever tried a beer batter on onion rings Peter?  Should work nice with your steak (sooner you than me)

Had a lovely fruit curry on Sunday, with a fruit samosa, best thing I've tasted for a while.

Hi Dave

I'm going to do a beer batter tonight - just cold lager and plain flour whisked until it has the consistency of double cream. Yep, I've been eating too much meat really - I can't even say that I enjoy it. I did make a fiery hot lentil dhal on Saturday night so that was a meat free dinner. I really like fish and sea food but finding a good fishmonger is really difficult. The fish counters in supermarkets are rubbish and I'm barred from the one in my local Morrison's for lecturing the person on the counter about the fact that none of the fish on display was fresh and 90% of it should not be on sale - far too small etc. 

The fruit curry sounds great - do you have a recipe?

Peter

:thumbsup: 

Thanks Dave

Looks full of goodness. I like my curries fiery hot with lots of fresh green chills - a taste I picked up from my lovely friend Sonny who was from the Punjab. So, all that sweet fruit will be perfect for lots of fiery heat. :excl:

I tend to go korma for veggie curry and madras for fruit, I have Bengali relatives, so do enjoy a bit of heat.:thumbsup:

Pete. Dave. Like some heat, try Naga chillies. I'm currently into a Naga chicken that my local Indian cooks to perfection. Dave I know that your a vegan but there must be meat alternative for you to try it. 

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul

Pete. Dave. Like some heat, try Naga chillies. I'm currently into a Naga chicken that my local Indian cooks to perfection. Dave I know that your a vegan but there must be meat alternative for you to try it. 

Steve

They have it here Steve, but only with chicken in the local restaurant, I keep telling them to try a vegan dish, but so far they haven't obliged.  I grow my own chillies and do chilli olive oil which is magic for stir fries and just on bread.  I'll probably have a go with Naga chillies myself when I next get to the market.

Steve

Evening Steve

Yep, I'm aware of your fondness for Naga Chicken. I've never seen that on an Indian/Asian menu down here. However, one of my staff who is Bengali - and an excellent cook, cooks with Naga chills.

Hi Dave

I'm going to do a beer batter tonight - just cold lager and plain flour whisked until it has the consistency of double cream. Yep, I've been eating too much meat really - I can't even say that I enjoy it. I did make a fiery hot lentil dhal on Saturday night so that was a meat free dinner. I really like fish and sea food but finding a good fishmonger is really difficult. The fish counters in supermarkets are rubbish and I'm barred from the one in my local Morrison's for lecturing the person on the counter about the fact that none of the fish on display was fresh and 90% of it should not be on sale - far too small etc. 

The fruit curry sounds great - do you have a recipe?

Peter

http://www.nottinghampost.com/shopping/fishmongers/fred-hallam-ltd/business-9194107-detail/business.html

Hi Peter hope you are well and looking forward to the new footie season. If you like fish You have to go a long way to beat Fred Hallam. I know it's a bit of a trek from West Bridgford but well worth it.

Sounds grand, love onion rings, esp beer battered....have you had a go at getting crispy sweet potato fries? No matter what I do they are never crispy! Drives me narners!....am a rubbish cook at owt complicated...but as a fab go to quicky ....tomato puree, followed by oregano and a bit of pepper/and or garlic salt, then a pile of cheese....on anything, from a wholemeal toasted pitta, slice of white bread, baked potato, under grill or in oven, its just really easy, pretty clean (try mostly to eat clean, as little processed or none processed food with fewest ingredients, and ones I understand...and have been vegetarian most of my life but still cook meat/fish for my three fellas, hubby son n cat)

http://www.nottinghampost.com/shopping/fishmongers/fred-hallam-ltd/business-9194107-detail/business.html

Hi Peter hope you are well and looking forward to the new footie season. If you like fish You have to go a long way to beat Fred Hallam. I know it's a bit of a trek from West Bridgford but well worth it.

Hi Dave

I'm good my friend thanks. I hope all is well with you. Yep, I'm aware of Fred Hallam's. I need to get my sorry ass over to Beeston!

I've lost a bit of interest in the footie to be honest - probably get a bit of me mojo back when it all kicks off. 

Peter

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.