moon

'I walked Away'

Hello again, I think I am ok to post this in here, heres my first go at a Mod style painting, bare in mind am going for a feeling, nostalgia, and will often work from lots of photos rather than a specific model etc...anyway, it involved a 'product' my training is as an Industrial Designer and patches so happy painting both...any thoughts/feedback are really welcome... Cheers, Nik :-)

Ps NO idea why its sideways, sorry ...its the rightway on my iPad....I haven't got my tin foil hat on and this techno crazy follows me around :-/

image.thumb.jpg.b14cf087bb73f46093392741

Edited by moon
missed a bit out :-/

Nik.  That's fabulous. 

Steve

thanks SO much :-)... Loved doing it, gonna try a bigger one next week! Need to buy me some extra days on Ebay ;-)

nik :-)

Looks good Nik, there's some serious Lambretta fans about that will love it I'm sure

thank you loads, really really enjoyed painting this be good for it to go to a loving home :-)

Nik

I could see from the other paintings you posted that you are a very talented guy.

So good luck with it! :)

The only comment I have to make is that that doesn't look like any model of Lambretta that I am aware of. Further to Dave's comment I'm not sure a  Lambretta fan would want a picture that isn't a Lambretta.

Apologies if I am wrong on that. If so please put me straight.

Mark

Mbarrett do you wear glasses lol , your supposed to say talented lady ha ha

Whoops! Sorry if I got that wrong. :) I never assume an avatar is the actual poster. So many people use photos of partners, artists etc. And just assumed that Nik was a bloke, as in Nick. I guess not!!

But yes very talented LADY. Wish I had half that ability. :yes:

Nik

I could see from the other paintings you posted that you are a very talented guy.

So good luck with it! :)

The only comment I have to make is that that doesn't look like any model of Lambretta that I am aware of. Further to Dave's comment I'm not sure a  Lambretta fan would want a picture that isn't a Lambretta.

Apologies if I am wrong on that. If so please put me straight.

Mark

oh shucks so people don't think I'm david ruffin then lol lol

Cheers guys, yup a northern lassy :-)... Good point about the lambretta, no its not a model really the painting was more about a feeling, rather than an actual model....and to see if I could paint it! I used two photos, both Lambrettas using the colourway from one and the shape of another...not really intended for Lambretta fans as theres way better artists out there doing that than me....but I will behave next time and do a proper one ;-) ....if I do one am a bit obsessed with feet shoes n bags currently :-) nice to meet you all btw 

My latest 3' 'Dance, Dance, Dance' (7x5in)  'I'm Com'un Home in the Morn'un' (10x14in) and 'That's My Girl'  (10x8in) .....thought you may like to see the Solatio Cross Over Shoes.....itching to paint Box Tops next :-)

nik

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh dear my techno crazy is showing again, sorry thought I had deleted the first three to sort the rotation :glare:

10288775_614446691979073_150457309811482heres a painting by my mate Ian Leadbeater (leggy) a fellow soulie and talented artist

Edited by barney
orientation

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.