All I Do (is Think About You) - How Many Versions

Geoff

One of my favourite songs is All I Do (Is Think About You) written by Stevie Wonder. My favourite version is by Tammi Terrell, but there are quite a few other versions. Obviously Stevie Wonder's, but wasn't that issued in about 1980? Whereas Tammi's must have been recorded in the 60s.

I also know of versions by Blackstreet, Maysa, the Four Tops, and one from the 90s by Wendy Moulton and someone whose name I can't remember, got it at home.

Are there any others?

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

One of my favourite songs is All I Do (Is Think About You) written by Stevie Wonder. My favourite version is by Tammi Terrell, but there are quite a few other versions. Obviously Stevie Wonder's, but wasn't that issued in about 1980? Whereas Tammi's must have been recorded in the 60s.

I also know of versions by Blackstreet, Maysa, the Four Tops, and one from the 90s by Wendy Moulton and someone whose name I can't remember, got it at home.

Are there any others?

Brenda Holloway also did a great version, but for me Tammi's is the best version :thumbsup:

Social source share

Brenda Holloway also did a great version, but for me Tammi's is the best version
I'd forgotten about Brenda Holloway's version, got it on her double CD I think. Agree not as good as Tammi's.

The Kirk Whalum (think thats spelt right) is brilliant,Modern but far better than Stevie Wonder imo

I also agree Kirk Whalen (think that is right) and Wendy Moulton is better than Stevie. Was disappointed when I heard his version).

There's a dance version from about 2000-2001... Cleptomaniacs feat Bryan Chambers.

Not heard the Cleptomaniacs, any chance of an MP3 please?

Anyone know of any other versions?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I'd forgotten about Brenda Holloway's version, got it on her double CD I think. Agree not as good as Tammi's.

I also agree Kirk Whalen (think that is right) and Wendy Moulton is better than Stevie. Was disappointed when I heard his version).

I've been known to sing it in the bath on occasion, does that count as a version? :wicked:

Oh, and it's definitely Whalum, BTW...

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've got a really nice mellow House version by Victoria Martin. It's on U.S. Attitude from '91ish. I like this a lot.

Funny this as i've got a great version by "Robin S" on her From Now On album.

Came out in 1997 on Big Beat & also features a great version of the Phillis Hyman classic "You Know How To Love Me"

Thoroughly recommended :tumbleweed3:

images.jpg(post-3218-1157668474.jpg

Social source share

ive got it on mp3 as kurt waylan featuring wendy moulton,dont know if its right spelling or not,fantastic version,is it available on record????????

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!