Sean O'Connor

Pete S

"Ockers" passed away today I just read.  Very well known on the Modern scene, remember him from the old KTF days.  Am surprised one of his mates hasn't posted up on here, I've just read it on facebook so thought I should pass it on.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

So sad to have just seen this on facebook .

Sean was a really lovely bloke ,heart of gold ,a giver until the end .. unselfish to the very end !

He had been battling with cancer for the last few yrs ,but despite that, he still kept up the good work.

Morecambe Town will miss him ,as will all who knew him .

I'm only sorry i missed him this yr at the North lancs festival and really wish i had made it over to say goodbye for the last time :(

Brave man whose suffering and pain are no more .

Condolences to his family x

R.I.P OCKERS x

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Very sad, really rocked me yesterday this news.

As a brother in soul and a devoted fan of once non-league Morecambe Town we had much in common to talk about.  It struck me how well Sean faced up to, and dealt with his illness, an inspiration to us all.

No one to tell me about Gez Murphy's winning goal for Nuneaton against Morecambe now.....that ALWAYS got a mention! :-)

R.I.P. Sean, sleep well mate x

Mark R

Social source share

Very sad news. I met Sean when I went to the first Morecambe Soul Festival about 7 years ago, that he helped to organize. The first night involved a coach trip to the Orwell at Wigan and he sat in front of me talking about music, football and cricket. I made a very long journey up from Chatham that day and he told me he once attended a Morecambe away match in Margate and made the return journey in one day. A lovely fella, who was very chatty and welcoming. We exchanged pm's a couple of months ago, when I found out he was ill, and it's so sad to hear about this so soon after. RIP my friend.

Social source share

A real nice guy sad to hear Sean lost his brave fight against such an awful illness, as Nev said earlier  one of the soul scenes givers and contributors ,some of the good times we had over the years will keep his memory alive

Our thoughts and love go out to his family & close friends at this tough time. 

Brian & Debbie

Social source share

RIP Sean. A really nice guy, such sad news,you were always friendly to this southerner who made it up to the North Lancs Soul Festival from Sussex. The festival  was a testament to you, well organised and friendly like minded souls. It was a pleasure to have known you RIP.

Social source share

Just to let everyone know, Sean's funeral service will be held at 3.00pm on Friday the 17th of July at St Mary's Church, Matthias Street, Morecambe, LA4 5JR and then Slyne with Hest Cemetery, Bottomdale Road, Lancaster at 4.00pm. The wake venue is at The Keys, Main Rd, Slyne - 4:30 to 6:30 if you could let me know if you're attending so I can this on to his wife Sharon so she has an idea of numbers, thank you.

Social source share

Just seen this terribly sad news of Sean`s death. Reading through the wonderful comments that people have left for Sean is heart warming and made me want to say a few words in his memory. Sean was instrumental in inviting me to play a few records at the 2009 Morecambe Weekender, something I had never done, but it was one of my to do things in life. Because we had a Sportsman`s evening with Coventry City F.C on the Friday, I never got to the event until Sat afternoon. No sign of Sean, as apparently he had drunk too much on the Friday and was struggling to make the Sat session. He was very apologetic when he eventually arrived, as he had promised to introduce me to a few friends.By that time I had met a few people and was enjoying the music being played.Sean was a proper gentleman towards me and the following season we did an interview for the Morecambe F.C programme, as they were playing Coventry City in a Cup Match.The one question I remember Sean asking me, was to choose between playing Football or collecting Soul Records, something I could not answer. He was a serious collector himself and for years he tried to get me to sell my Thompson Brothers & Seville 45s to him, trying all sorts of ways, but i did let him have another 45 he wanted. God bless you Sean !!

Warm regards to Sean`s Family & Friends.

Micky

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!