Can anyone identify this Psych Funk 45

Help Needed, but only for the brave !!!!!!!!

Found a white label test pressing on my latest trip to the States. It is a off the hook Pysch Funk two sider, can anyone help identify it, step into the dark side !!!!!

This Video contains both sides of the test pressing ........................It is possible that it's from Detroit 

https://youtu.be/Bo41fFeiSQs

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Groovy Baby............Elements of early Funkadelic but not them could be close with DC though...

Social source share

Cool track - if you're feeling brave you could ask on the Waxidermy message board, sounds like the kind of thing Dante or the Memphix lads would know about...

Already spoken to many of these guys via emails and it still stumping everyone. Also had a fair few willing to take it off my hands, as they say it's of little use to me and right up their street !!!!!!!!!

So sure, anyone who's got a copy of Love Company - Love tempo - SRO, it's yours

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Guest illtalbeats

Whoever it is, definitely sounds like they are trying to emulate the sound of Funkadelic's "Maggot Brain / Free Your Mind" albums.  However, I don't think it's them.  Guitar playing doesn't sound like Eddie Hazel (who would have been lead) and they didn't really add horns into the mix till later on.

Norman Whitfield was known to record Funkadelic live and try to emulate them.  Possibly something he produced?  Unreleased Undisputed Truth?

Social source share

• 4 months later...
Guest Johnny One Trout

That is most excellent Dave, no idea who it is though the horns are definitely too sophisticated for early Funkadelic though way before the influence of Maceo and Friendly Fred et al..............

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!