Dj V Artist

Dave Moore

Came up in another thread that maybe DJs are frustrated musicians/artists. :thumbsup:

I'm not a DJ but I thought I'd pose the question...for instance...

I found Jr Walkers growling tenor sax solos so entrancing I decided to take up the saxaphone (I was 35 at the time). Took lesons and everything. I went through a "phase" where I believed I could emulate the great sax players of the soul era and actually taught myself to read music so I could "compose" some of the sax breaks from listening to them. Needless to say I am now a very poor saxaphone player! :wicked:

Anyone else ever taken the plunge to emulate their musical heroes?

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.cpm

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

PS. I have to also add that in my time I've also been: James Jamerson, Benny Benjamin, Geoff Hurst, George Best, Johann Cruyff, Pele, Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tiger Woods, Daley Thomson, Steve Redgrave, Neil Armstrong, Ghengis Khan and whole other bunch of folks!! :yes:

Edited by Dave Moore
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Came up in another thread that maybe DJs are frustrated musicians/artists. :yes:

I found Jr Walkers growling tenor sax solos so entrancing I decided to take up the saxaphone (I was 35 at the time). Took lesons and everything. I went through a "phase" where I believed I could emulate the great sax players of the soul era and actually taught myself to read music so I could "compose" some of the sax breaks from listening to them. Needless to say I am now a very poor saxaphone player! :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.cpm

PS. I have to also add that in my time I've also been: James Jamerson, Benny Benjamin, Geoff Hurst, George Best, Johann Cruyff, Pele, Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tiger Woods, Daley Thomson, Steve Redgrave, Neil Armstrong, Ghengis Khan and whole other bunch of folks!! :wicked:

About 5 years ago I decided that I was going to take up the electric mandolin, in tribute to one of my musical heroes, the late Tiny Moore (wouldn't mean anything to 99.9% of Sourcers). Helen bought me a nice one for Christmas, along with some instruction manuals on how to form chords etc.

I practiced dutifully for about a month, then made the mistake of playing some examples of Tiny at his best. The experience demoralised me so much that I have never picked up the instrument again, except to dust it and move it to another corner of the record room...

TONE :yes:

Social source share

Came up in another thread that maybe DJs are frustrated musicians/artists. :D

I found Jr Walkers growling tenor sax solos so entrancing I decided to take up the saxaphone (I was 35 at the time). Took lesons and everything. I went through a "phase" where I believed I could emulate the great sax players of the soul era and actually taught myself to read music so I could "compose" some of the sax breaks from listening to them. Needless to say I am now a very poor saxaphone player! :yes:

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.cpm

PS. I have to also add that in my time I've also been: James Jamerson, Benny Benjamin, Geoff Hurst, George Best, Johann Cruyff, Pele, Muhammed Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tiger Woods, Daley Thomson, Steve Redgrave, Neil Armstrong, Ghengis Khan and whole other bunch of folks!! :yes:

All very familiar, apart from Daley Thomson?? :yes:

Brian Jacks circa squat thrust era maybe but whilst accepting Daley,s sporting prowess and the fact hes probably a double hard b'stard he's a bit of a Nob. :thumbsup::wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!