Help please, Ru-Jac Label related

Guest Blueimage

Guest Blueimage

If anyone here can help with this, it would be massively appreciated. I'm currently working in conjunction with Winfield Parker & others on a release project which documents the Ru-Jac label. I need your assistance with the following:

1- All information in the run-out/dead wax which was etched in the stamper, for each side. Some of this may be available online, places like discogs, but we need someone who actually owns the record to look and confirm, as well as check for anything not mentioned.

2- Any label scans you can provide of either or both sides. A high quality, well centered scan leaving the black of the vinyl showing would be perfect.

3- A reference recording, which can be super low quality, and doesn't have to be the whole side. 30 seconds or so should be fine. This is due to the fact that we are running through master tapes, and may need to identify a track we don't yet have in front of us. I do realize some of these sides are on youtube, soundcloud, etc., but we need both.

Here's the list of records we need these for:

007 Winfield Parker – When I’m Alone / Rockin’ In The Barnyard

013 The Reekers – Don’t Call Me Flyface / Grindin’

218 The Neltones – Come On Over / C’est La Vie (That’s Life)

0020 The Caressors – I Can’t Stay Away / Who Can It Be

0025 Gene & Eddie – You Don’t Fool Me / Let Me Go Easy

52670 Gene & Eddie – It’s No Sin / You’ve Got To Love Sometime   (was this the same stamper used for the Mon'ca issue?)

980 Jimmy Dotson, Rhythm By Inner Light Band – Think Of Me As Your Soldier / To Be Your Lover

I know all of us here love this sort of story and release, so having a (correctly) completed product should be everyone's goal. It will also do great justice to the incredible work done by the label and it's owner. Please consider helping if you have a minute. I can be reach via blueimage@gmail.com , or, via the contact link on my website: DCSoulRecordings.com

-Kevin

Edited by Blueimage
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Kevin

Caressors has  RJ 2268A & RJ 2268B  scratched into the deadwax, I can do a hi-res scan and hi quality

recording at 96k if required assuming that you are not using it for bootleg purposes etc 

Let me know

Dazz

Social source share

Guest Blueimage

Dazz, Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. No bootleg here, I've worked on many releases related to the DC and MD area, and I'm very much in touch with all parties involved. I do not need hi-res recordings as their purpose is to be sent to the label so we can all use them as reference points while we go through the tapes. The main portion of tapes are Winfield's tapes. These are tapes that were left to him by the Mitchell family. I also own tapes, acetates, and photos that are being used. My primary purpose is to write liner notes and make sure any writers are paid properly.

-Kevin

Edited by Blueimage
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!