robert thomas (more lunacy)

Floyd

Hi just noticed copies of robert thomas -savation are going for over £100

this cant be right, its not even rare . Ive sold 4/5 copies  all mint unplayed  over the last two years

for £25, either ive made a balls up or theres some right muppets out there if there willing to pay over £100

for this , even though it is a good record

ATB

Floyd

Social source share

Hi Kev

i know what you mean, there are several for sale at the moment , ebay ect with a price tag of £100 + (crazy)

ive had loads of unplayed copies from the states over the years and normaly sold them for £25

the last copy i sold for £40 but no way is it worth £100, theres loads of them about

ATB

Floyd

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It seems that todays prices of records dont seem to police themselves with common sense anymore, what's thrown the spanner in the works is the word "DEMAND", hence why a once very cheap and NOT rare record like "Salvation" has become insanely overpriced, seems like we might all need a little Salvation literally from this lunacy! :huh:

Edited by foi
Social source share

Prefer Rita Lee myself, seen one go for £60 recently but it must be a lot rarer then RT

E

Keep all your "other" versions Robert Thomas is the best version by far :thumbsup:

A great ten pound record which is what it should be going for.........OK it's flavour of the month £20.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Prefer Rita Lee myself, seen one go for £60 recently but it must be a lot rarer then RT

As l posted earlier the Female version to have is C. Watson, yellow label.

The Rita Lee was pressed up due to demand,there are 100's of them.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

E

Keep all your "other" versions Robert Thomas is the best version by far :thumbsup:

A great ten pound record which is what it should be going for.........OK it's flavour of the month £20.

Cheers

Martyn

Quite agree with you Martyn, I had all three (RT/CW/MfM - never had Rita Lee as I have never seen an original) - only ever played Robert Thomas!

Edited by Rich B
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Quite agree with you Martyn, I had all three (RT/CW/MfM - never had Rita Lee as I have never seen an original) - only ever played Robert Thomas!

RT, CW & MfM looked good in the box  together, as far as l am aware Rita Lee is a later release, so no yellow label like the other three.

RT & MfM, both got released again on the white label, but the inst the name got changed slightly.

Social source share

RT, CW & MfM looked good in the box  together, as far as l am aware Rita Lee is a later release, so no yellow label like the other three.

RT & MfM, both got released again on the white label, but the inst the name got changed slightly.

What did it get changed to Dave?

Social source share

Rita Lee isn't rare but it is a keeper due to the rarity and demand Cressa Watson has caused. The same reason why everyone now wants Robert Thomas. Again shows the lack of imagination prevalent throughout the scene. 

Edited by chalky
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!