mike

Sterling gone for £49 mill

The circus that was once the beautiful game.

People going hungry, homeless people dying on the streets, benefit claimants being sanctioned for being sick and having to try and survive on nothing and then this.

What a sick world we live in. I'm not the brightest man on the planet, and I'm certainly naive at times but this sort of shit just adds and perpetuates my low mood and depression.

Apologies but that's how it makes me feel.

He's not even a good player. He's English with a bit of promise. Thats the reason that shitty  have bought him because of the so many English players in the squad rules that eufa are applying from I think next season

Steve

No loss to the Reds. Doubt he will settle down wherever he winds up. Too small and goes to ground easily. Will be targeted by fans up and down the country, as will his agent. Likely to be a liability to any club he represents unless he conducts himself in a grown up way. 

Not worth that kind of money, that's for sure, so its a good deal for Liverpool. He is quite a promising lad but he could be the next wright-phillips, jermaine pennant et al, we seem to have a clone machine somewhere that turns them out, all pace, little or no vision and little or no end product IMHO.

Rodgers will squander the money as he has done in the past.

The circus that was once the beautiful game.

People going hungry, homeless people dying on the streets, benefit claimants being sanctioned for being sick and having to try and survive on nothing and then this.

What a sick world we live in. I'm not the brightest man on the planet, and I'm certainly naive at times but this sort of shit just adds and perpetuates my low mood and depression.

Apologies but that's how it makes me feel.

You need to get out to the pub more mate :thumbsup:

Edited by Kegsy

It is a good deal for Liverpool all right.

Mighty chuffed we've got Cabaye for £10m. 

Agreed on both counts Steve. They could reinvest it on two Yannick Bolasie's based on the newspaper's inflated value or 5 of him based on a more realistic, true value.

I've never rated Sterling highly. Not adventurous enough and he's acted like a complete dick during this saga.

Sterling is a cloning experiment that failed. Took some DNA from Aaron Lennon and Alan Shearer. Shearer's didn't take, so City are left with a player who's quite quick, can't cross the ball, and has zero accuracy in front of goal

Side note: England manager Roy 'Leccy meter' Hodgson is quoted as saying ''I don't take kindly to players turning their back on their country, he's cut short a very promising England career by leaving Liverpool. Anybody know who the new number 7 will be at Liverpool, I'm looking for a new right winger''. ;-)

Sterling is a cloning experiment that failed. Took some DNA from Aaron Lennon and Alan Shearer. Shearer's didn't take, so City are left with a player who's quite quick, can't cross the ball, and has zero accuracy in front of goal

Side note: England manager Roy 'Leccy meter' Hodgson is quoted as saying ''I don't take kindly to players turning their back on their country, he's cut short a very promising England career by leaving Liverpool. Anybody know who the new number 7 will be at Liverpool, I'm looking for a new right winger''. ;-)

Haven't they already cloned one in Jordan Ibe.

finally gone

so who's the  winners (if any) in this long drawn out affair then?

QPR. They get £9m odd due to a sell-on clause apparently. Maybe it was them destabilising his relationship with Liverpool?

No loss to the Reds. Doubt he will settle down wherever he winds up. Too small and goes to ground easily. Will be targeted by fans up and down the country, as will his agent. Likely to be a liability to any club he represents unless he conducts himself in a grown up way. 

Some of the worlds greatest footballers are small..........................but he's not one of them.

Some of the worlds greatest footballers are small..........................but he's not one of them.

True, he's no Andrés Inesta. He's also losing his pace and will struggle to impress the Mancs on the terraces. I doubt he will be picked for the City away game at Anfield but let's hope he is so the Kop can sing him the song he craved but never earned outright.

Total deal is £99 M inc wages. Worth it, Nah.

Sorry to divert, but an interesting parallel with Utd's signing of winger Memphis Depay 21 years, £19 Mill less than sterling's £49 Mill, 22 goals last season compared with 7 for sterling. Depay being compared to C Ronaldo, sterling being compared to the robotic dancer in Shalamar.

Edited by 50 Shades

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.