LP Cover Art - Framed ?

Mike

Have some blank lp album frames that have picked up over time in the local bargain type shop

Not as easy making use of them as I first  thought it be, so thinking that may be both worthwhile and entertaining for a pinterest style topic....

How about a  suggestions  for lp covers that would look good framed and up on the wall  topic

any ...... ?

Social source share

I did a colour photocopy of this Art Tatum sleeve a while back and put it in a nice chrome frame which looks the business in my home office. Couldn't believe what a good quality copy you could do on the cheap - colours are a lot brighter than the version I have copied below and it really does look great.

36d8ecd601b20d9e344eb6b8916e1eb6.jpg (236×236)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Most Blue Note albums from the 50s and early 60s are well worth framing Warhol did a couple and the monochrome prints of Art Blakey, Lee Morgan & Miles look great in frames some are faithfully reproduced in "The Cover Art of Blue Note"

• Helpful 2
Social source share

3 from the dining room, innervisions, Takes Two and my personal favourite Roadrunner. Swap them around just taken out Ruff N Ready and the Walter Jackson on Okeh with the coloured pencil portrait (can't remember title now, is it Introducing?).

image.jpg

Social source share

Talking of label art. There's a bar in Kinsale, Ireland that has the walls and ceiling decorated with album covers, all genres. I can't remember the name of it even though I was there in April just gone. When you've had five pints and start staring up at the ceiling trying to name them all, the room starts spinning. Great idea though

Kev

Social source share

3 from the dining room, innervisions, Takes Two and my personal favourite Roadrunner. Swap them around just taken out Ruff N Ready and the Walter Jackson on Okeh with the coloured pencil portrait (can't remember title now, is it Introducing?).

image.jpg

Need too frame my takes two album with the original music sheet.  Love the presentation

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!