Spyder Turner + Miki Stokes ?

I always loved Kenny Carter 'I've got to get myself together' and had to have Spider Turner's as soon as I knew he re-cut it with Kenny's consent. But now there's this release

55a3a2fb070a9_Capture_dcran_2015-07-13__

that I've never seen before that was definitely done with the masters since you can hear it has been remixed; the vocals and flute are forwarded & the drums/beat are attenuated to an overall smoother effect. This release looks like a 7t's release and bares the credit of Miki Stokes as co-singer who should be a relative to Charles Stokes (Cha-Tok Publishing is also the label which release (DeWight) Spider's 'you're alone' early number !) who credit that it's his production !? But the earlier Good Time release says different; 55a3a432d870f_Capture_dcran_2015-07-13__the Kenny Carter credit for the composition even disappear on the Sounds of Soul release while Nate Edmonds remains ! Anyone knows what the story is ? 

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'd also be interested in finding out more on this.

The Blue copy above went for about £1,000 on eBay yesterday.

I know $1500 ! But I guess it's more for the flip (real "A") side that sounds like an even earlier R'n'B thing (that didn't sound good to my ears) where the duo with Miki Stokes is more relevant to the singers credit. Maybe it's the only way to get that 'my troubles are over' tune that apparently stayed in the can until this 7t's release. Otherwise why would one pay such money for a playable but still G condition 2nd (so-so maybe legit...) issue for 'get yourself together' ? But still, I'm curious on facts as to how that re-release of 'get yourself together' came to see the light and why the "credits war" ? 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!