mike

re-cycling nite

Mike. I currently work in recycling. Highlights of my week are when I'm on my four days off

Steve

bet you're laughing when your recycle day falls on them :D

Err, do you mean you're putting the blue wheelie bin out Mike?

Peter

:g:

more along lines of 3 boxes on a british rail type trolley,a long with  a plastic container full of food bags

with 4 of us at hoem at moment it gets a fair old amount

no hassle really and am all for recycling

I just find it funny the effect it has on your normal routine:thumbsup:

bet you're laughing when your recycle day falls on them :D

more along lines of 3 boxes on a british rail type trolley,a long with  a plastic container full of food bags

with 4 of us at hoem at moment it gets a fair old amount

no hassle really and am all for recycling

I just find it funny the effect it has on your normal routine:thumbsup:

Sounds therapeutic. And, if you were a forward thinking boss of a top notch soul site you'd post us up a piccie - just to encourage us like.

:rolleyes::D

Mike. I currently work in recycling. Highlights of my week are when I'm on my four days off

Steve

Steve

Say I put a window envelope or anything that is a mixture of paper/card and plastic in the recycling how does that get processed.

I've been fretting over this for years. 

Help me please!! :D

Steve

Say I put a window envelope or anything that is a mixture of paper/card and plastic in the recycling how does that get processed.

I've been fretting over this for years. 

Help me please!! :D

My area does really well in terms of recycling - always a top performer in terms of local authority tables. i try to be as good as I can in terms of my blue wheelie bin - not sure I always get it right but I've never had a snotty sticker/notice stuck to me bin!

:rolleyes:

At work the other day we were in a meeting with some local authorities discussing the "re-use" of white goods. Apparently if washers and fridges are taken to a recycling place they cannot be resold/re-used - they are subject to some classification - can't remember the actual terminology/detail.

So, we are trying to come up with a solution whereby we have a designated collection point and we encourage all local authority/partner organisations to arrange delivery to this designated point - which means they can be re-used.

I'll check my notes and come back with a bit more detail.

Gotta laugh at this. Here in the land of those that show the world how to do it and talk a great game :D

We have 3 bins out side my apartment general dross, paper and bottles plastic cans.
Then the chinese "super" comes round puts it all in one bag and drops it "somewhere". Never quite sure where.
Sad ain't it, and as far as i know we've never got a ticket .

I sometimes walk some of mine up to the end of the block where there is an apartment house that has loads of bins and they actually do it properly.

I recycle in Spain, though I'm still amazed that there's no provisions for cans.  All the bins are communal, and it's supposed to be against the law to put anything in them during hours of daylight and after midnight, it's one of the many laws that I continue to flaunt.  The countryside is a mess with people just throwing stuff everywhere instead of using the bins, but at least they employ people to clean it up, though whatever it is, it isn't then sorted for recycling.  Still, we get a decent summer, the beaches aren't bad and currently the sea is fairly warm, so all of my dismay soon gets washed away in a torrent of euphoria:thumbup:

Sita-suez ,10 years for me Steve at are local HWRC..Paul

Paul. Had a interview at Sita-Suez last year for their plant at Huddersfield. It Was already taken unfortunately, they just went through the process of advertising,interviewing etc.

I was working for Cofely-Suez at the time. 

Steve

Any record dealers/collectors I will recycle your records free of charge

Steve

There are already thousands of DJ's recycling the same records every week Ste..... :lol:

Just started charging for hard core , plaster board etc at our sites..Gone down like a lead balloon with the punters.. Wish I had a quid for every time I  got " it will encourage fly tipping ":wicked:...Paul

Edited by jimmy clitheroe

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.