Can anyone decipher this signature

I'm trying to decipher a signature on an old post card from 1904. It could be foreign and I know some of you guys live all over he world so just wondering if it is a surname you can reognise from your country. It is the last but one line. At first sight it looks to me something like W Arkientaler. But I don't think it can be that. .

Any help really appreciated. :)

Any chance of a better quality image ... ?

The JPEG compression artifacts make it nigh on impossible to look at let alone enhance any ... :(

Unfortunately I think this is the best I can get it. It is a fairly poor image off eBay and I have enlarged it using Fireworks graphics software. I know the guy who has bought the card so might be better to wait until he receives it and he can do a higher res scan.

It's quite an interesting story. The card was sent to a lady called Florrie Winterburn. We hadn't a clue who she was but turns out her and four sisters appeared on stage all over Europe even in front of royalty (see below). So now trying to work out who sent the card and if she might have been a theatrical person too. 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.