Have A Listen To This

Pete S

Right could I have some opinions on track please. This is a sort of ska/soul/latin hybrid along the lines of Come On And Stop or Back Slop. I want to know if people think it's got potential as a DANCER, not as a great record because we know it's not, and the guy's voice is flat, but it does have a really fantastic backing track, so basically I'm just trying to gauge whether people would dance to this and if it would go down well blasted out loud. Also I need to know if anyone knows what it actually is (I do, obviously). For instance, it may be crap but if a top DJ played it, would it suddenly become sought after?
Also on views on the Creshendals record. 
Say what you like, I won't be offended but be serious...am not allowed to post single tracks so added a few rarities

1.Every Boy And Girl Does by Mr. Nobody
2.I've Never Been So In Love by Volumes
3.I'm Leaving You by Detroit Sounds Of Friction
4.Life Saver by Stormy Wynters
5.Oh My Love by Creshendals
6.All My Life by Nu Rons
7.I'm Yours by Betty Wilson
8.Same Old Thing (alt) by Olympics

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Honestly Pete, the Latin track is just that a Latin track which doesn't really go anywhere and is not close enough to some of the more soulful brown eyed stuff to be played out at an NS venue. Computer says........no.

The Creshendals is quite nice although a bit early for my my personal taste. However in comparing it to the Latin track its streets ahead.

Andy

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

They are both ok, the first one being barely OK, although i do quite like the Creshendals track, that one may have some legs :thumbsup: in fairness you stuck them both with great records to compete with.......

John

Social source share

Sounds dreadful as a Mango Jones 'ska la bomba' kinda thing and I find the wandering trumpet really annoying. But off course I never liked Garnett 'come on and stop' in the first place so...

Thought it was Marv Johnson that did 'Come On And Stop'?

Edit: I'd buy it, but only if was cheap.

Edited by Soul-Slider
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Mr. Nobody tune sounds weak on the vocal and a bit messy on the horns and percussion, a little bit too loose really. It comes across quite annoyingly really but then those tunes tend to latch on some how but would need to be played out alot to achive that. (if you dare !).

The Creshendals is a grower !!!  Thats worth spinning as it has some catchy "hook" elements that you can listen out for.

Just my opinion !

Like the rare compilation , Nurons  ,,,,,, Tune!

cheers Frank

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Not a bad tune - but - isn't it more suited to the Beach Music scene or even Popcorn.

They seem to like more of a SWING to the vibe which this has got.

If I'm talking rubbish don't shoot me down. Just MHO. :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!