TractorBoy1

tractorboy1

My late father worked for Massey Ferguson in Trafford Park as an engineer building tractors. As a youngster I was sat by management on a tractor and was photographed and used in an advertisement. Thus becoming tractor boy to.my dad and his workmates. So nope I am not an Ipswich fan

Edited by TractorBoy1

Jeez mate. I was about 7. I am now 67 think I might be a bit late in searching for it however a claim to fame. I doubt that. There has been millions of photos of others posted since then

Hi there.  I used to work for a company in Chesterfield called Kitchin Engineering.  We made a lot parts for Massey Ferguson, Coventry which was farming and Manchester which was diggers etc.  i used to run the paint plant.  We made all your buckets, towing hitches and loads more besides.

Hi there.  I used to work for a company in Chesterfield called Kitchin Engineering.  We made a lot parts for Massey Ferguson, Coventry which was farming and Manchester which was diggers etc.  i used to run the paint plant.  We made all your buckets, towing hitches and loads more besides.

Out of interest do you recall whose paint you used to use?

I worked for a good many years at International Paint at their factory in Brum. Bought out by PPG in the mid-80s. We made a lot of industrial paints there and I know supplied to some of the tractor/agricultural/plant manufacturers.

But Kitchin doesn't ring a bell.

Out of interest do you recall whose paint you used to use?

I worked for a good many years at International Paint at their factory in Brum. Bought out by PPG in the mid-80s. We made a lot of industrial paints there and I know supplied to some of the tractor/agricultural/plant manufacturers.

But Kitchin doesn't ring a bell.

We used International at one time(certainhly mid 80's) Massey Red it was called along with yellow (JCB and Massey Ferguson, later Terex), grey and odd one or two more.  It was a one pack straight from tin if you like.  When we changed to 2-pack polyurethane paint we moved to Croda and then AkzoNobel.

We used International at one time(certainhly mid 80's) Massey Red it was called along with yellow (JCB and Massey Ferguson, later Terex), grey and odd one or two more.  It was a one pack straight from tin if you like.  When we changed to 2-pack polyurethane paint we moved to Croda and then AkzoNobel.

Thanks Chalky

I thought International Paint might have been somewhere in there! :)

Going back even further the Bham factory was Docker Brothers paints. I've got this old ad on my computer here. I think the tractor on here is a Ferguson - made in the UK by Standard Motors before the get together with Massey happened.

Anyway sorry for taking this thread way off topic. I'll stop there!

advert1.jpg

Jeez mate. I was about 7. I am now 67 think I might be a bit late in searching for it however a claim to fame. I doubt that. There has been millions of photos of others posted since then

There's a huge following of tractors, not only in the UK, but worldwide, you just have to go to the Great Dorset Steam Fair to see that, and that's just one of many fairs across the country.  It would almost be as good as owning a tractor in the eyes of some of the tractor types, so it would be a claim to fame, more important than Dave Prowse , Sebastian Shaw or the chap in the Chewbacca costume.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.