Have You Heard These,what Do You Think?

• Replies 29
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

love the ruby & the romantics.. and i also like "much better off than i've ever been".. not expensive and very nice imo..

anita

I`ll look out for that,cheers Anita :rolleyes:

Social source share

now then fella, are they truly terrible - or should I give you the benefit of the doubt and listen?

Means drunk in the US,dont here tho` :lol:

Oh,thank-u for mp3.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

[attachmentid=15999

No "big tikcet items" yet...... :elvis:

:shades:

Cookie Scott's "Your love has won me over" came out three times on Orr records (1007, 1018, 1101) all with the same reverse "Funny changes". All issues sell for about £15, i've yet to see a D.J. copy! The rarest release, that I'm aware of by Cookie Scott & The Chevelles is "I don't care (what people say) / "Mislead" on Orr 1015/16 and that ditty goes for around £250 as far as I'm aware.

The tune it's self is as good as todays 'top' (so called) tunes', and I would find it very danceable . . . so there . . . bollox!

Bobby Powell's "I'm gonna leave you" like most of his other tunes on Whit are slanting to the more R&B flavour. I've got his "There is something in a man" on Whit 6903 . . . perhaps a little more on the 'Northern' side than this . . . just!

Clarence Green's "What happened to us", I found a bit of a cross between Curtis Mayfield and James Brown. Perhaps a little toooo funky. The backing track however sounded more 'Popcorn' Wylishy, which weren't that bad.

Richard Berry "I want you to be my girl". This sounds much like Tony Washington's "Forever more" on Peacock 1901 - a bit '62ish - if you know what I mean??

Ruby & The Romantics "We can make it". Sounds like something that would have been played at Coalville Tiffs circa '78. A bubbly stomper perhaps???

Overall (or smock) I think the Cookie Scott tune does it for me.

Martin :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Bobby Powell's "I'm gonna leave you" like most of his other tunes on Whit are slanting to the more R&B flavour. I've got his "There is something in a man" on Whit 6903 . . . perhaps a little more on the 'Northern' side than this . . . just!

Bobby Powell is excellent. How much is it?

M.

Social source share

cc.jpg(post-1986-1157723431_thumb.jpg.........Late addition.

bp.jpg(post-1986-1157718940_thumb.jpg

green.jpg(post-1986-1157718974_thumb.jpg..........great intrumental,called "ground hog".

rich.jpg(post-1986-1157719002_thumb.jpg........Awesome sax break

ruby.jpg(post-1986-1157719039_thumb.jpg

No "big tikcet items" yet...... :thumbsup:

:shades:

Hi Ken ....

The Richard Berry tune is very good ...... I am right in assuming that RB is the same RB as in RB & The Pharaohs of " Have Love Will Travel " noteriety ?

With regard to the label scan - Love the nickname of " Alley Oop " of producer Gary Paxton ; would love to know the reason why he had ( still has it ) ! . The other producer of the disc - Kim Fowley - is the renowned / legendary american rock producer .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Hi Ken ....

The Richard Berry tune is very good ...... I am right in assuming that RB is the same RB as in RB & The Pharaohs of " Have Love Will Travel " noteriety ?

With regard to the label scan - Love the nickname of " Alley Oop " of producer Gary Paxton ; would love to know the reason why he had ( still has it ) ! . The other producer of the disc - Kim Fowley - is the renowned / legendary american rock producer .

Malc Burton

Yes i think so,but i`m no expert :D cheers mr Burton,and everybody,all positive :thumbsup: ,going through me "booter bargains" at the mo`,first one a minter of,soundtrack of "Joe",UK Mercury,Jerry Butler..........................ooooh nice. :elvis: got another 20 odd things too!! :shades:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Both Martin please :D

Bobby Powell - There's something in a man - Whit - iss. £50

Bobby Powell - I'm gonna leave you - Whit - iss. £50

ATB Martin :D

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Hi Ken ....

Malc Burton

Found this about Richard Berry -

Richard Berry, formerly of the R&B groups The Flairs and The Dreamers.

Richard Berry is best known as a writer of "Louie Louie", the song that has been covered hundreds of times during the last 45 years, the song that inspired parades and campaigns to adopt it as the official song of the state of Washington, the song that got even FBI's interest, the song that has been an influence for numerous same kind of basic 3-chord rock'n'roll tunes like "Twist And Shout" or "Wild Thing". Still, even if Richard Berry had never wrote the whole song, he should surely go down in history as one of the true R&B pioneers. Berry died in January 1997, after a life-long, estimable career among rhythm'n'blues, vocal group music and rock'n'roll.

Martin

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

About £45 more than what i paid.......... whistling.gif

Likewise with my copy of Bobby's "Something in a man". But £50 is the going rate, if you are prepared to pay it, or want it that bad you have to go to a UK dealer. 

Martin
Social source share

Likewise with my copy of Bobby's "Something in a man". But £50 is the going rate, if you are prepared to pay it, or want it that bad you have to go to a UK dealer.
Martin

Off a UK dealer,within` the last six months,not even blind,had a listen first,followed by "i want it"how much,a fiver......thought it was a joke,it wasnt whistling.gif
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Of a UK dealer,within` the last six months,not even blind,had a listen first,followed by "i want it"how much,a fiver......thought it was a joke,it wasnt whistling.gif

Obviously worth trying for other stuff then. Not bad for two pints of lager and a packet of crisps!!

Martin

Social source share

Obviously worth trying for other stuff then. Not bad for two pints of lager and a packet of crisps!!

Martin

Or two pints`o`lemonade,and no change for crisps whistling.gif why is it cheaper for beer? :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!