Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Winsford Soul

Glue/adhesive. advice please

With most people on here being intelligent, I'm sure someone will be able to advise me 

I have recently bought a new pair of binoculars, but the rubber dust caps are quite a loose fit so I was thinking of using a rubber solution glue to attach them via the straps to the rubber coated binocular outer layer. What's the best type of glue for this. ?  I've already tried a silicone based one which didn't work. Thanks in advance

Steve

the glue in a bike tyre repair kit is for rubber,you will need to wipe the silicone glue off that you used with a bit of thinners first

apply rubber glue to both surfaces leave for ten mins then warm one side a little before you stick them.

the glue in a bike tyre repair kit is for rubber,you will need to wipe the silicone glue off that you used with a bit of thinners first

apply rubber glue to both surfaces leave for ten mins then warm one side a little before you stick them.

Cheers mate. Will give it a go. 

Steve

Black witch glue, if u can get hold. O it,v strong bond quality. Use it at work for repair of bits n bobs of offshore kit.

and there was me hoping it was about sniffing.  There are glues just made for rubber, they use it for fetish clothing, so I've heard:wicked:

I will ask Kimbo mate ,he would know? he is after all a tailor!

I doubt if he makes rubber clothing though Manus, unless Kimbo has a kinky side we don't know about:wicked:

We often joke about  designer gimp suits and the like, rubber underwear etcI know strange! but a good laugh though we we are having a bit of  banter !One of his inventions is a bobble hat with mittens attached to it by string so you dont lose them.Seriously back in the day he used to run up some very stylish pairs of trousers made to measure,always included was a secret pocket or two so the customer could safely stash his gear in case of a search by the squad.!

We often joke about  designer gimp suits and the like, rubber underwear etcI know strange! but a good laugh though we we are having a bit of  banter !One of his inventions is a bobble hat with mittens attached to it by string so you dont lose them.Seriously back in the day he used to run up some very stylish pairs of trousers made to measure,always included was a secret pocket or two so the customer could safely stash his gear in case of a search by the squad.!

In a similar vein, in a post allnighter frenzy that is oh so common after the 100 club an attempt was made to write a different version of "handbags and gladrags", substituting "gimp suits and ball gags" as the title, it didn't get too far, the topic changed after a few minutes to something equally trivial.

and there was me hoping it was about sniffing.  There are glues just made for rubber, they use it for fetish clothing, so I've heard:wicked:

I never got a buzz from that flour and water mix.

In a similar vein, in a post allnighter frenzy that is oh so common after the 100 club an attempt was made to write a different version of "handbags and gladrags", substituting "gimp suits and ball gags" as the title, it didn't get too far, the topic changed after a few minutes to something equally trivial.

Sorry Dave,i lost interest in the subject after ball gags.What was the topic again.?

Ha Ha good one Dave, ball gags comes into our post nighter frenzy verbals sometimes pre! the debate is usually over fastenings  velcro,button lace tied etc.We have had some great laughs over gimp suits too and of course that hot topic of underpants,leather or  other.I have seen some strange looks of folk sitting nearby or overhearing our verbal  not knowing I would imagine that we are having a laugh.

By the way Dave are you getting over for the next Lifeline?

Edited by manusf3a

Ha Ha good one Dave, ball gags comes into our post nighter frenzy verbals sometimes pre! the debate is usually over fastenings  velcro,button lace tied etc.We have had some great laughs over gimp suits too and of course that hot topic of underpants,leather or  other.I have seen some strange looks of folk sitting nearby or overhearing our verbal  not knowing I would imagine that we are having a laugh.

By the way Dave are you getting over for the next Lifeline?

I'm over for the 100 club anniversary allnighter at the end of September, and probably something else around that time.

I think they buckle them up, at least that's how it is in the film Personal Services, one of my favourite films. 

I have an interest in miniatures, ie dolls house size because of both my niece's always asking for doll's house stuff for their respective doll's houses, which led me to going to a couple of doll's house exhibitions at Ally Pally, on looking around I found a chap who makes rubber fetish wear in miniature, along with high waist waders, gasmasks etc. Also a young girl who did very weird stuff in Fimo modelling clay, I bought a two headed foetus in a specimen bottle from her, not that I'm weird.

I never got a buzz from that flour and water mix.

Sorry Dave,i lost interest in the subject after ball gags.What was the topic again.?

I didn't either Kev, though if you let it ferment for a long time you can get high on it then, though only before it kills you.

I think we then started talking about "the children under the stairs" or maybe music, whatever it was it would have been funny at the time.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts