It's Not Soul..... But what a haul

Guest Soulskate70

I collected, and still collect house, I bet there are some killers in that lot, if you go back all the British stuff that came out alone from 87-93, all the Italian Imports that came over, and we haven't got round to the yank stuff yet! I bet Jason at Hard to Find Records is kicking himself!

Here's a track that takes me right there, remember asking for the 'Mars Bar' record at Don Christie's in Birmingham.. the great thing was he knew what I meant! Laughs..

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Anybody remember Ravin Maze? basically Joey Negro, anyhow the chart release was crap, this is the version to get, drivin beats! Id imagine this is the sort of thing you will find allot of in that haul...

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I know the guy that bought this lot .... and it was a real find ... and even at £10k a real snip ... there are a lot of very expensive tunes in there.....that chart a decade of hard house ... don't have anything like that amount but my house is still growing :)

I now have the chance at another big collection  of R and B stuff from an ex A & R woman , who has some very early vinyl .. including Motown acetates and demos ..    fingers crossed ...

Social source share

I collected, and still collect house, I bet there are some killers in that lot, if you go back all the British stuff that came out alone from 87-93, all the Italian Imports that came over, and we haven't got round to the yank stuff yet! I bet Jason at Hard to Find Records is kicking himself!

Here's a track that takes me right there, remember asking for the 'Mars Bar' record at Don Christie's in Birmingham.. the great thing was he knew what I meant! Laughs..

Don Christie's.......my place, though I didn't used to go into the basement as it was before I started getting into the house. Happy days............

10367553_10152584740422772_7326633836194

1015924_10151547374347772_1136583654_o.t

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Our paths must have met then, we were always there sat morning on the circuit of record shops in town.......Don was a massive name in music in Birmingham wasn't he? strangely there were all sorts of stories about Don, I never saw him outside of the counter, I mean him behind it, me in front, but somebody told me he had half a leg or something? dunno bout that story, never confirmed by me as I only ever saw him from waist up o to speak..... though it might have had some truth., he was shot supposedly..... the place went down hill when he sold it, and we all started buying records of a very young Lee Fisher, not the northern soul geezer of the same name, this guy made a name for himself in the House scene, and released a track that went top 40.. owned a shop in Digbeth, then behind the Law Courts.. one of the Kings Standing lot...

phew, memories..

mal

actually I did get into the basement, after Don sold the shop, there was a ton of Italian Imports, had some nice stuff from in there, there was allot of crap as well..

Social source share

I'd like to know what the hit rate was. The vast majority of 12"'s from that era have not held any kind of value and there's warehouses and collections full of the stuff. Discogs is rammed to the gills with it. It reads nicely but I'd be surprised if it didn't contain 98% of clunkers. :)

Ian D :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

" The Message " .. is check out those " White Lines " " Beat the Streets "  and look for a Dodge Charger that looks like a racing car with someone that looks like Joseph driving it :-)

Simples :thumbup:

another music lawsuit coming .. and who will get Whitney's millions ?   

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!