Willie Tee - Here comes the hurt again

KevH

Sorry Kev, I kinda thought you'd know that one, but thought I'd best confirm it :P

Isn't it Willie Harper on Sansu?

In fact the same person has put the same track up, but this time credited to Willie Harper.

I've played them both at the same time and they both sound the same to me.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Isn't that what I said? :D

The one credited to Willie Tee is exactly the same recording as the one credited to Willie Harper (to my ears anyway)

The third one I posted is the one by Lee Dorsey, which was just to be able to compare the three all in one place - typo indeed sounds about right to me. But as I said, the first two (Willie 'Tee' & Willie Harper) were posted on YouTube by the same person, which makes it strange why he / she would make such a 'mistake'. :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I think John is correct about this too Kev. I didn't know the track at all, [its rather nice isn't it ?]…..however, I'm reasonably confident its not Willie Tee purely because his voice is just so distinctive isn't it ? One of those very lucky vocalists whose voice and style can't really be mistaken for anyone else, which has to be a massive bonus in an overcrowded market I would have thought. This just doesn't sound like him at all to me.Really sad he's no longer around to make great music, his first gig at the Jazz Cafe in Camden remains one of my all time favourite gigs….absolute killer ! Willie Tee R.I.P 

Ivor

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!