Let's Talk It Over - first issue?

Soulstu

Quick question chaps,

Spencer Wiggins - trawled SS and the web but any idea what label it came out on first - Soul Series? - was this legit? or was it a Kent pressing?, Torch records?

Can't seem to find out. Manship has a single sided SS promo for sale - is that the one to look for?

atb

Stu

Social source share

Quick question chaps,

Spencer Wiggins - trawled SS and the web but any idea what label it came out on first - Soul Series? - was this legit? or was it a Kent pressing?, Torch records?

Can't seem to find out. Manship has a single sided SS promo for sale - is that the one to look for?

atb

Stu

Hi Stu

The Torch release is 1st press 

Keith Minshull  was involved in it he did tell me years ago he owned the rights to the record 

atb Kev:hatsoff2:

Social source share

The one Chris King did is sort of legit, he paid the money to Goldwax owner but he didn't have the rights to the record as they were sold to fame.

Kent is the first fully legit release with the rightful owner getting the money due. Torch series a boot vas far as I am aware but happy to be corrected.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Let's clear this one up, first the torch records was indeed Minshull and Tot Johnson, Tot paid the rights to release this as a single, it's one of two versions , the king 45 is a different take (minus the organ riff ) the torch one has it tho, Brian Rae played this out via a jap cd early on.

Tot wanted his own label, it was an ambition for him to put something out, he did it right and paid, he still has around 50 copies, he gives them to friends etc.

if I remember both versions came out at the same time, I didn't know it came out on Kent ? But i don't really look at these "new "45s so that's the reason! Hope this helps ! 

Edited by stokesoulboy
Spelling
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!