3 New 45 Auctions: Joe Tex, Billy Eckstine, Roscoe Shelton

Guest Classic45s

Guest Classic45s

Today we added three new 45s to our Louise Neal 45 Auctions page, which features eye-popping, unplayed promo treasures from the Louise Neal Soul 45 collection:
  • Joe Tex, Dial 3016 (promo), 1963. "I Wanna Be Free / Blood's Thicker Than Water". At #14 in Kev Roberts' "New Top 100" Northern Soul 45s List. Near mint overall, Mint audio. MB $200.
  • Billy Eckstine, Motown 1105 (promo), 1967. "I Wonder Why (Nobody Loves Me)" Near mint overall, Mint audio. In Motown sleeve. MB $100.
  • Roscoe Shelton, Sound Stage 7 2587 (promo), 1967. "There's A Heartbreak Somewhere / Running For My Life". This single is at #262 in Kev Roberts' Top 500 Northern Soul 45s List! Mint. MB $70.

If you are interested in bidding, please visit the Louise Neal Preview Auctions page for more images and an explanation of the auction process. 

Other 45s still available for bidding include:

• Robert Banks, Verve 10545 (promo), "A Mighty Good Way / Smile" M-. MB $100
  • Patti Austin, Coral 62536 (promo). "A-Tisket A-Tasket/ A Million To One" Mint. MB $75
  • Appreciations, Sport 108 (promo). "There's A Place In My Heart / She Never Really Loved Me" Mint. MB $90
  • Adam's Apples, Brunswick 78025 (promo). "You Are The One I Love". Mint in sleeve. MB $100
  • Don Gardner, Tru-Glo-Town 501 (promo). "I Wanta Know Where Did Our Love Go / My Baby Likes To Boogaloo" M-. MB $130.
  • Ernestine Eady, Junior 1007 (promo). "That's The Way It Goes / The Change" M-. MB $300.

_______

Louise Neal was a black female disk jockey from North Carolina who had a 3-hour Soul/RnB/Blues show from the late 1950s through the mid-1960s. During that time, she collected thousands of (mostly) promo 45s at her home from the many record companies she was registered with for receiving promotional material--ABC, Atlantic/Atco, Chess/Checker/Cadet, Decca, Brunswick, Shout, Stax/Volt, Fame, Imperial, Jubilee, Okeh, Sue, Philles, SureFine, Vee-Jay, Kent, Duke, Bell, Paula/Ronn, Rojac, Peacock, Motown (all labels), Veep, Capitol, Modern, Dial, Jamie and many others. A large number of these precious 45s accumulated unopened in their original shipping packages after Neal left the business in 1967. Most are highly collectable and extremely rare Northern Soul singles with book Louise Nealvalues ranging well above $100... a few above $1,000! Many are pristine--unplayed and with a bare minimum of storage wear. Others may exhibit very light storage wear and/or an "x" marked on the label. A good many come in their original factory sleeve, some of which are rare and valuable on their own these days.

The collection also contains rarities and classics of interest to fans of RnB, Blues, Girl Groups, Doo Wop, and various other genres of Rock.

Louise Neal collection: Shipping packages for the promo 45sWe began selling records from the Louise Neal collection last month, and it will take years for us to get through everything. To see what's for sale, what's already sold, and what's coming up, visit the Louise Neal Collection page on Classic 45s (https://www.classic45s.com/). We continue to add more details about the collection as time permits. This page shows all the Louise Neal 45s we've added to date (some have sold).

Edited by Classic45s
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply