Whitby Update

Over the last few months, many people have asked me for any updates regarding Whitby, especially concerning the people who left when Kev Roberts asked for volunteers. Lots of people have wanted to know whether or not these people received a refund.

So I thought I would post up what I know. I've checked with the mods on here that they are happy for me to do this.

When my friends got locked out, I got talking to 2 blokes who were really helpful. I was trying to find some water to get to my friends outside. They had texted me to say that they were dying of thirst, having been out for 2 hours.

I told these blokes this & they helped me obtain some water (all the bars were shut).

I didnt know this until a week ago (when I bumped into them), but they had been one of the ones that had left when Kev Roberts had asked for volunteers, along with 4 of their friends. For this I am really grateful, as it helped my friends get in and prevented any trouble.

They spoke to Kev Roberts, who shook their hands, took their details and promised them a full refund. Which is what he also stated on the stage, on the microphone, that everyone who left would get a full refund.

They heard nothing for a while. So they emailed Goldsoul to ask where their money was. They were asked to produce evidence that they had bought their ticket. They provided the evidence. Then they heard nothing again. They emailed Goldsoul, asking where their money was. They recieved a email back saying that he had spoken to his legal team, and that because the do wasnt cancelled they werent entitled to a refund.

They replied, pointing out that he stood there and shooks hand with them and promised a refund. Which he responded with a email telling them they were banned from all Goldsoul events.

Then 2 weeks later they recieved free tickets for next years Whitby. No explanation, no apology and certainly no refund.

Edited by KirstyM
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kirsty

I am from Middlesbrough and although I personally never attend any venues that Kev Roberts is involved .I cant believe that some of my friends are even considering attending next years Whitby soul nights (two nights and an all dayer dont constitute a weekender imo).After all the shit slung at them by Roberts and some missinformed people.It may be they wont be able to attend anyway as he has banned anyone with a Teesside postcode from attending goldsoul events.I look on this as a blessing.

His silence on the subject speaks a thousand words.

Adam

Social source share

Hi Kirsty

I am from Middlesbrough and although I personally never attend any venues that Kev Roberts is involved .I cant believe that some of my friends are even considering attending next years Whitby soul nights (two nights and an all dayer dont constitute a weekender imo).After all the shit slung at them by Roberts and some missinformed people.It may be they wont be able to attend anyway as he has banned anyone with a Teesside postcode from attending goldsoul events.I look on this as a blessing.

His silence on the subject speaks a thousand words.

Adam

Adam

Ironically I lived in Middlesbrough from the age of 7 until 13. It's my understanding that the guy from Middelsbrough only sold about 30 tickets, that dosent really account for everybody else, does it?

You're right his silence speaks a thousand words.

If poeple want to go to his do's that's up to them, I wont be going

Kirstyx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!